Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Helloooooooo Winter!!!

So word on the street is that it's winter here in Arkansas. I read online that Arkansas is one of the coldest places in the country right now...colder than Alaska and right around the same temps as North Dakota. Not sure what that whole global warming debate is all about when the south is turning into a dang Arctic tundra.

Want proof? Here is the weather forecast for the next 5 days. My favorite part of the entire forecast is that it says "Brisk" on Thursday when the high is only 8 degrees. I am pretty sure brisk is used to describe a fall morning. Not an 8 degree snowy day...but then again, I don't get paid to forecast the weather so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

Due to the weather, we have been somewhat isolated for the human race inside our home this week. On top of not leaving my house for several days, we are still TV fasting so the days are rather long and difficult at times. Difficult in the sense that I have no contact with any human being over the age of 15 months all day long....not even GMA or Regis and Kelly. All kidding aside, it has been really good for me. Hard and challenging, but so good. Hopefully, I will have a lot to share with you at the end of the month.

In other exciting, or not so exciting news, we did break free today to go to Walmart and to eat lunch with Mom, Jill and Julee. I would usually not even put on make-up if I was just running to WM but I was so excited about being out today, that I took a shower, fixed my hair, put on make-up, wore leggings, boots, and a sweater dress, and just went to Walmart. I know you now wonder if I am crazy. And I am.

I'm stir crazy.

Tonight, I tried a new recipe and if it turns out, I will share it with you. I made Josh download an All Recipes app for his i-phone (since I still have a blackberry). I love the All Recipes website and the app is really cool. It's a spinner and you just pick what type of dish you want, what ingredient(s) and how long you want it to take to cook and it gives you a ton of recipes. So fun!It may just help me get out of my cooking rut! OK, I'm off to baby proof my bathroom. It's starting to concern me that Brody will not stay out of my make-up drawer. :)

23 comments:

Chea said...

We are supposed to get colder weather tonight in Dallas. The temperature with the wind is supposed to be 0 to 5 below! That's super cold!!! We go back to school tomorrow- looks like it's going to be an inside recess day for sure!!! Stay warm!

The Lewis's said...

No, you are not crazy! I live in Michigan and it's sad somedays in the winter when the highlight of your day is going to Walmart! So...you have to dress up! :)

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

La is going to be in the teens this week yikes!!
we might get some snow



STAY WARM

Erin said...

yeah i think our high has been like 15 degrees the past 6 days with lows in the -20!!! its crazy cold :) We arent outside much at all :) I love auto start on my trail blazer that's for sure! Stay warm :)

Kelly said...

We are so much alike! I have been going CRAZY too! Even though I'm not on a TV fast - I rarely watch it during the day because I'm too busy keeping a little munchkin out of the pantry. ha! And when she naps - I have to much to catch up on to watch TV.
I got up this morning and took a shower, dressed, put on make-up and poofed my hair just in hopes i would make it to Wal-Mart. I have never been so excited in my life to go there! ha!
Twitter is the one thing that makes me feel like I have contact with humans. ha!

Laurie said...

I cannot believe how cold it is. I have just stayed in until this morning. We had to get out. I was afraid it might become like "The Shining" here if we didn't.

Christa said...

Keep warm! I can't believe that it is going to be in the negatives in Arkansas! Texas is getting it tomorrow...suppose to be in the teens this weekend!

Sonya said...

I just read today that Blackberry has an app for Kraft's recipes. Here's the link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/4895

I'm thinking about trying it on my Blackberry!

And you guys do have it pretty cold there! It's warmer here in IL right now! Yikes!

Sarah said...

Baby proofing my bathroom became necessary! I had the cabinets closed but didn't really care about the drawers b/c we had nothing dangerous in there but I got so sick of Ava digging in them and pulling things out and then putting them in random places! One night she even took one of her toys in there to stand on it to see in the top one! It's incredible how smart they are!

We're only a few degrees warmer down here in the River Valley! i can't believe the highs for Friday!!

Karah said...

Stay warm! It is supposed to be 14 here in East Texas Thurs night and Friday. That is the coldest its been here since 1995. They said it will feel like 9 degrees. This artic front is crazy!! Thanks for the info about the app. I plan on getting an iphone soon and that is a great app to have.

Heather said...

There is definitely something wrong when there are single digits and negative numbers on those weather graphics!! Stay warm!

Katie said...

Alright a North Dakota girl must comment here...I'll vouch for us "northerners" that we are COLDER actually than you right now but not by much...only a few degrees. It is unseasonably cold here and more snow than usual too. But we still leave the house and don't get snow days! I long to be a Southern girl!

Kathy said...

Oh my, that is brrrrr cold!!!!!

Here in South Texas we are supposed to get down into the 20's at night and the high of Frida is predicted for 38. We'e just not used to that kind of cold.

Stay warm!!!!

The Riedel Family said...

I am from NW Arkansas but live in CA right now. We are loving the 60 degree temps here and I am seriously dreading the visit I am about to make back to AR next week! So Cold! Good luck on keeping your sanity for the next little bit!

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh girl, I am ready for SUMMER! This cold weather is killing me! So funny about the "brisk" HAHA! Totally agree!

Shelley said...

I love that you guys get snow days for a few inches of snow! Growing up in MN, and now living in WI, I remember maybe 5 or 6 snow days happening! Maybe I should move to Arkansas! I love the winter, even the cold, but I can't take it for months at a time. My mom told me it was -20 (with wind chill factor) in MN yesterday. Yes, Arkansas is sounding better and better :)

I hope you guys get a break from the cold weather! Until then, bundle up!

Have a great week!

DCWorking said...

Hey Jennifer, Ive been following your blog after the "phoof" entry.. haha! I understand where you are coming from with the cold.. Im up in MN and we might break 20 by monday! I have to say I really dont mind the cold, but it must be that im a home grown Minnesotan. In a cooking rut? check out my cooking blog: http://cantstopcooking-dcworking.blogspot.com/
Take care!

Summer said...

Brrrr..... it has been cold like that in WV last week and is supposed to get into the temps like ya'll are having today and this weekend....

I think we are supposed to get 6 more inches of snow tonight! Talk about STIR CRAZY! My BFF and I made a trip to "Tar Jay" last night and I have to say I never thought I would be so excited to get dressed up and go to "Tar Jay"! We went down like every isle! Ha! Ha!

Oh and one of my BFF's has a boy and she bought this child proof toilet thingy so he couldn't pull up the lid.... and we'll her hubby was having a hard time with it too.... Ha! Ha! I told her he was also a toddler....Hince toddler proof :0)

Stay warm....
Summer :0)

Karen said...

Wow, 8 degrees is certainly not 'brisk' in my book!!! More like insanely frigid!!!! The weather here has been snowy and cold too. We are also expecting a winter storm to hit the Cleveland area tonight. I have not left the house either except for pediatrician appointments with Jill.
I totally see myself getting all dressed up for a trip to Target or WM in the near future, especially now that I am on maternity leave. Take care and try noy to go too stir crazy!

Karen

Megon said...

Stay warm! I love the new header!

Amanda M. said...

OH MY WORD! That's freezin' for you all! I live in the North, and it is NOT even that cold here. Not even close! Stay warm!

Rebekah said...

I am pretty sure BRISK is about 40 degrees warmer than 8 degrees!!!!! I am a little jealous of all the cold weather and snow ya'll are getting. Man, I miss snow days! However, I am sure if I were there, I would not be liking it that much! Nam, I miss Fayetteville!

Debbie said...

I was working on a post about this app last night...it's a nice way to stay our of recipe rut. Come back to Crock Pot Wednesday whenever you can. Have a great day. Just had a text from E that it is snowing there again.