Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Fun

My weekend got off to a fun start. I had an EGD (stomach scope) today around noon. I had scheduled this about 7 weeks ago, and I had dreaded the thought of it, but knew it needed to be done. It wasn't near as bad as I had built it up in my mind. Thankfully, everything looked great and with a little medication I should be good to go.

Today was my first time to have sedation medicine. I will probably do a post on my entire day, but since it will be long and boring for y'all, I was give you the short version of some of the funny things I did today before the medicine wore off!

  • I remember that the man behind the curtain next to me had a colonoscopy. He probably let out the loudest and longest toot. I think it lasted 37 seconds. It was so unbelievable that it sounded like it came from a machine. I couldn't breath because I was laughing so hard. It didn't help that his wife replied with, "Well do you feel better?" Then to top it off, the nurse walked into his little area and asked if he had passed gas yet. He said yes and then she asked if it was a substantial amount. I almost threw back the curtain and said " It almost blew me off my hospital bed and I was on the other side on the curtain. Yes it was VERY substantial!"

  • I asked for Diet Coke after my scope while I was in recovery. The nurse brought me one! :)

  • I don't remember any conversations I had with my doctor or nurse. Josh told me the nurse showed me all the pictures of my stomach and told me that everything looked good. Apparently, I told her how great that was, but I have no memory of it.

  • I don't remember the car ride home. I only remember being wheeled to the car and then the next thing I remember is sitting at my kitchen table eating soup.

  • Josh said on the car ride home I called Jill and Julee. I don't remember talking to them at all.

  • While on the phone with Jill, Josh said we passed her boyfriend's office and I yelled, "Brandon's office is on fire!" Josh said, "Honey, that's steam. And that's not Brandon's office. His is the building next door. That's the gas company that's steaming." Haha!

  • We went to Jason's Deli to pick-up soup for me on our way home but I don't remember that either, even though I told Josh exactly what I wanted to eat.

  • When we got home I was eating and realized I had not called Jill or Julee. I called Jill back again. She told me I had already talked to her. Then I sent a text to Julee that said, "Have I called you already? I think I have but I can't remember." To which she replied, "Hahahahahaha! Yes I talked to you! :)" I have no memory of calling them at all on the way home!!

  • Then I slept........and it felt so good!

36 comments:

Kodi said...

This makes me laugh SO hard because I had to have a colonoscopy about a year ago, and I was the SAME way. Seriously. I've been put under several times and even had a c-section, but nothing compares to whatever drug they give for that stuff. My husband said I was saying and doing some CRAZY stuff and I literally have no memory of any of it. Thank goodness we have good hubbys to take care of us! :)

The Graves Gang said...

I laughed so hard about the gentleman in the curtain next to you... How funny.
Glad to hear that everything looked good.

Ashley said...

I just BUSTED OUT laughing. I thought I was the only one on earth who called them toots.

I LOVE THIS.

Erin said...

I know how those sedation drugs can be. Last time I was on them, I had THE BEST dream about a conversation with a talking apple pie.
Glad the results were good, even if you don't remember receiving them! =)

Beck said...

SO funny, I LOL at this post! Hope you are feeling better (: Have a nice weekend!

Ashley said...

Hilarious! Glad the results were good. :)

Julee Turner said...

Oh this was such a funny post! But all SO true!

Amy said...

Oh my word! This literally made me crack up! Mostly because I was THAT old man last year. I had a colonoscopy and in his defense...they MADE me toot before I could leave. Luckily for me, I have no memory of this, but my mom makes sure to remind me all the time. I am just thankful Jeffrey couldn't take me to have the procedure done, because I would have never lived it down! I also told my mom that I wanted to pretend like I was passing out to "scare" the doctors (luckily she told me this wasn't a good idea) but of course I have no memory of it whatsoever! Thanks for sharing this and I am glad to hear all is well!

Leah said...

hahaha that just cracked me up!!! I've had several things done that required sedation and am told of all these things that happened while I was supposedly "awake" but have absolutely no memory of!! The tooting thing make me laugh out loud haha. And endoscopies and colonoscopies aren't too bad, had both done lol.

Brittany said...

lol I did the same thing when I got my wisdom teeth cut out haha funny stuff:)

The Wife said...

That is too funny! I hope you get to feeling better!

Todd and Courtney said...

I about peed in my pants laughing at the tooting man!

Betsy said...

Bless your heart. I'm glad you are okay!! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

Summer said...

LOL about the man in the other room who tooted! I needed a good laugh! HILARIOUS

Awwww I'm sorry you had to have a surgery procedure :0( Glad everything turned out o.k.! How funny you called your bestie and couldn't remember.... LOL

Rest today and Hope you feel better sweetie :0)
Summer :0)

Amy said...

This CRACKS me up! Last year I had the same thing, and like you I don't remember anything, but apparently I kept repeating the same things over and over to my husband! I am glad that everything is ok, and that you are feeling ok! The worst part for me was not being able to eat before! I was starving!!

Mary Madeline said...

The funniest thing ever!!!! I am rolling on the floor! :)I'm glad you are OK!!

Brittany said...

That made me laugh out loud!! I'm supposed to get one of those, but I keep putting it off. I'm really scared and hate to be under sedation!

Debbie said...

Glad everything was okay. Don't you just know that man was embarrassed when he found out from his wife about his record breaker:) Love your new banner. Give your parents my best. Stay warm.

Amanda M. said...

Oh goodness, you are so funny! I AM glad everything went well for you, though. <3

Kate said...

I LOVE your blog and had to finally comment!

You are hilarious! I am happy everything went well for you. Enjoy a relaxing weekend.

Sonya said...

That stuff is crazy! I had it when I had wisdom teeth removed. I have no idea how I got from the dental chair to another chair! I also remember my husband asking if I wanted a milkshake but I don't remember the drive-thru. It really is nice stuff!

Erin said...

ha! thanks for the good laugh! it's so nice to get that kind of sleep afterward, makes you want to schedule another one!

Jenna said...

Bless your sweet heart! This made me laugh so hard (especially the building on fire part for some reason), but more than anything - I am so glad you are ok!

Hope you and your sweet fam have a great weekend!

Ben and Emily said...

Versed is the best medicine!

I've had two colonoscopy's and one TEE, so me and Versed are great friends!!

Glad you had a good report and got great sleep!!

The Smiths said...

Ha! When I had my widsom teeth out my mom accidently overdosed me on pain meds. I "woke up" 2 days later in the same clothes with chocoalte milk shake down the front. My mom said I had been talking and eatting a little but I remember NONE of it!

Cori said...

How funny! I'm glad your tests came back good. :)

Erin said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I can not stop laughing about the man passing gas. It would have made it even better if you did pull back the curtain and say that. Hope it didn't smell to bad. I am glad your test came back good. I hope you get some rest!

Nancy said...

This is a funny post. We would be friends if we lived closer :)
Glad you are well!

Jennifer said...

This is hilarious! Especially the office being "on fire"!!!

rae said...

Too funny! I have had acid reflux since college and have to have an edg every 2 years. I had my most recent one this fall, and I swear they gave me something different. I've never done and said crazy stuff before. My story was very similar to yours. I did and said MANY crazy things that I do not remember, but my husband will not let me live it down! I insisted that he drive through McDonalds (the nasty McDonalds that I would normally never eat at) and order me breakfast. I ate twice as much as I normally would, and he says I scarfed it down so fast! I don't even remember eating anything! I called my mom and don't remember, etc. What made it even worse is that one of my friends was my nurse. I was so embarrassed that I called her that afternoon after I woke up to apologize! That medicine does crazy stuff, but it is the best sleep EVER! I'm glad everything is okay!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

OH my gosh, this is hysterical!! I'm sitting here reading this and literally can't stop laughing out loud, so my husband wanted to know what was so funny so I read it to him and now he can't stop laughing either. Sounds like an interesting day! Glad everything is okay! :)

Stephanie said...

Very funny stuff..but glad everything is ok. The building on fire part cracked me up!

r- m val said...

I'm laughing out loud at work right now! haha! So I had to have a stomach scope done when my husband and I were dating. Everyone was working (my parents etc) the day of so he offered to take me. He waited in the waiting room the whole time and then they called him back when I was done. He said it was the funniest thing he's ever seen! I guess I kept shaking my hand because the IV & the little heart rate thing on my finger were buggin me. He said I would shake it hard and the heart rate thing would fly of my finger and I'd laugh and the nurse would come in and put it back on and as soon as she would leave I'd shake my hand again! ha. Then he said I really wanted to talk and talk and talk but I wasn't really "with it" so I was rambling and rambling and nothing was coming out clear. I don't remember a THING. I will tell you that I slept better that day than I ever have in my life! I love that stuff! :)

Glad you're feeling better.

melhuff said...

Oh my gosh I would have DIED laughing!!! I know when you are an adult you are suppose to not find passing gas hillarious but I still think it is the FUNNIEST thing in the world!! I'm glad your proceedure went well! Love your blog and Body is ADORABLE!

Alex and Jill said...

I am laughing so hard at this post!! You describe things so well! LOL

Katie said...

Hahahah I am cracking up at this! You are so funny!