Sunday, January 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe

Some of y'all asked for the recipe for the scones I made on Saturday night...so here you go! These were so easy and so good! They were great this morning with coffee and they are also good with Diet Coke. :)


Ingredients
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup orange juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or a large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough.
Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch fluted biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones, pushing the dough scraps together for the last few, if necessary. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.

14 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

gracias :)

Sarah said...

Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

Thanks for the recipe! They looked delish!

Adge said...

thanks for sharing. I can't wait to make them

Lena Medina said...

Jennifer,
These look amazing! I will definitely be saving this recipe!
Lena Medina

Lea Liz said...

Thanks! I am going to try these tomorrow!!! They sound and look so good!

Brittany said...

I'm going to make these this morning!! Thanks!

Emily said...

Thanks for the recipe! Looks good...

I made the green bean bundles last week and my husband LOVED them.

Summer said...

Yummy!! Thanks for all the recipes.... I am sooo loving them! I can't wait to try these scone next weekend! Oh I'm sure my hubby is thanking you too! HahaHa!! He is totally loving what I have been making....
Summer :0)

Cody said...

That looks soooo yummy, I will have to try these this evening! I already have all the ingredients without even trying, it's a sign! :)

Brittany said...

I hope you don't mind, but I blogged about your recipe today. I made these this morning and thought they were incredible!! I gave you all the credit. You can check it out here:
http://sweetsassyandohsoclassy.blogspot.com/2010/01/breakfast-la-oliver.html

K. Joy said...

I am going to make these for my bible study tonight - and then have extra leftovers for me and my husband! THANK YOU!!!

Tiffany Lockette said...

I can't wait to make them, they look so yummy and soooo not on my Weight Watchers diet!! Thanks for sharing.

Bryan and Ashlan said...

Thanks for the recipe! I made them this weekend for my husband, and he loved them. I blogged about it here:

http://bryanandashlan.blogspot.com/2010/01/weekend-events.html

By the way I LOVE your blog, and the poof video! :)