Friday, December 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Christmas Trees

Since we have a precious little 14 month old walking around our house, I had to decorate our tree with that in mind this year. I used all shatterproof ornaments and I didn't put any ornaments on the bottom layer of the tree. Brody hasn't messed with it much and it has been up over a week!

Here are a few pictures of our tree. I have never thought Christmas trees photograph well, and ours is no exception. I promise it looks a lot prettier in person! :)

I used red, icy blue and chocolate brown balls. I love the way it turned out.
The mesh is new this year and I LOVE it. I kind of went crazy with it, but it just adds so much to the tree. The funky tree topper! I also did a small tree in Brody's room. I had planned to do a Razorback tree, but the ornaments were not shatterproof so I decided that theme would need to wait a few more years. Instead, I did a candy cane themed tree and I was pleased with the way it turned out! Plus, everything is plastic so I don't have to worry about Brody breaking anything. The candy cane sled.

The candy garland. I think this is precious!

The candy cane ornaments.

Fun little red and lime green bow.

Thanks for stopping by! I cannot wait to see your trees on the tour as well. I always love getting new ideas that I can use next year! Check out Kelly's blog for more trees on the tour.

17 comments:

Amanda said...

you're tree is soo cute! love the tree in brody's room

Summer said...

I love the tree topper!! So fun and cuuuuute!! I have never seen anything like that here in WV! Ha! Ha!
Anywho I am also loving Brody's candy cane tree! How fun, now he can have visions of candy canes while dreaming!! Ha! Ha! I'm such a dork!!
Summer :0)

Karen said...

You have such great decor taste!!! I love the rug and chair in your room (besides the adorable Christmas tree!) You need to show off more of your cute house, you know how much I am obsessed with home decor. Have a great weekend!

The Stokes Family said...

I love your tree! Those are the same colors in my living room, so I am inspired to get started on my tree!!

Erin said...

Wow I love both your trees... Mine is so boring compared to yours, barley anything on it!!

Crystal said...

love your trees...i am the same way with all of the mesh...it just makes the tree..i used it in all of mine this year except my little boy's.

The Allens said...

Love it!!!!

Katie said...

I love that red and green polka dot ribbon! The candy garland looks so sweet...literally.... ;o)

Mary Madeline said...

Your tree is beautiful!!! And Brody's tree is so cute!! I have that red and green polka dot ribbon, too!!

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

love both trees!!!!

Kelly said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your tree and Brody's! SO cute!

Anna said...

Where did you find the mesh? I have been looking everywhere for it and can't find it. Thanks! Love your trees!!

Crystal said...

Can you please come decorate my tree and house for me!?! I love your style!

Kristi said...

I love the mesh too...it is so easy but so fabulous. Christmas blessings to you!

Jessica said...

Hi! Stopping by from Kelly's...love your trees! They are adorable!!!

Heather said...

I love your trees! The "main" one is absolutely gorgeous!!

aLena said...

I Love the mesh that you added this year ... makes your tree sooo beautiful!

The one in Brody's room is so adorable!