Monday, December 14, 2009

The Nester Christmas Tour of Homes

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

Welcome to our home!

Our living room tree!

I use all chocolate brown, red and icy blue solid ornaments on our tree.

But I do let a few special handmade ornaments onto our tree, like this one!

I LOVE mesh. I used ribbon until this year and I will never go back! Mesh does wonders for a tree!

Our crazy tree topper! I love it!


One of my favorite things about this time of year is getting Christmas cards! We keep the cards we receive in this bowl on our coffee table. Brody LOVES to look at the cards! This afternoon he came home from church and looked at some of the new ones we had received. Two of our couple friends have their dogs on their cards. When he looked at their cards he said "Aww! Dog". That is what he is saying in this picture! He loves dogs! He was so excited! Mantel with our stockings. I keep forgetting to have our stockings monogrammed. The whole reason I bought them was because they had a large space at the top to be monogrammed. :) I am so thankful for our sweet boy and I love his little stocking right in the middle!He was the same size as his stocking last year on his first Christmas! :) Santa plate and towel in the kitchen.

Ornaments in a hurricane vase in our kitchen. Ornaments hanging over our kitchen table. I do not do place settings at Christmas on our table even though I have my grandmother's Christmas china. We try to eat at the table every night as a family and it is just too hard to move place settings back and forth every night. Little candy cane themed tree in our Brody's room. He is 14 months old and loves having the tree in his room! All the ornaments, sleds, and garland are plastic, which is great for his age!He also has the huge Santa next to his crib. He loves to tackle Santa to the ground! This Santa was bought when my sister and I were little. We enjoyed Santa being out every Christmas and now Brody enjoys him as well. Little gift box in Brody's bathroom. There is also this picture of him from last Christmas in his bathroom.


Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you check out the rest of the homes on tour at The Nesters Blog.


Merry Christmas from our family to yours!


But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Luke 2:8-14

25 comments:

Kelly said...

Merry Christmas To you and your beauitful family

Kelly said...

Amazing decorations!!!!

Leigh said...

Love your decorations! The picture of Brody having a good time with yalls Christmas cards is adorable!!
Merry Christmas!!

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful! I love your Christmas tree and your stockings! Many Christmas blessings to you this year!

Cara Beth said...

Merry Christmas! Such a beautiful family and a gorgeous home!

Ben and Emily said...

Your house is beautiful! If you ever want to drive to Memphis to make my mantel as pretty as yours, feel free!

Crystal said...

Love your Christmas decorations!

Summer said...

Oh I love the wreath on your front door, and it looks like it sooo matches your tree! Your inside decor is fabulous and I really love the stockings.... Wow Brody has really grown in a year huh! That pic you put on there with him with his stocking last year, um the stocking was bigger then him!! I love your Christmas card pic and thanks for the idea of putting all the cards in a glass bowl! Great idea.... I hang mine over the entryway as of now....
Summer :0)

Heather said...

Beautiful decorations! It is so hard to believe Brody was that little last year!!!

Amanda said...

Love your decorations! Tell Brody he has another puppy picture coming (if I ever get the energy to put them in the mail! Ha!).

Erin said...

I love it :) Look at all your decorations, I just started putting up all my christmas cards tonight! I got 4 in the mail today and I love it :)

Mary said...

Such a pretty home! I think I'm motivated to put a tree in the kids' rooms now :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Everything is SO beautiful!! I love the way you used the mesh. I used it this year too and still have some things to learn with it. :) The picture of Brody looking at the cards is SO cute!! Merry Christmas to your sweet family. :)

Megan said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I debated back and forth of whether to get mesh, I wish I would have now, next year i will!

Jennifer said...

I can feel the Christmas spirit... your home is wonderful!! Thank you for the tour! Great family photo :)

Rebekah said...

Your house looks beautiful and I LOVE the family pic! Ya'll are the cutest family!

Lisa said...

you house looks BEAUTIFUL! I love Brody's face in the pic of him looking at the cards.

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Beautiful!

hxztrade said...

buy ugg boots

ugg boots

ugg boots online

ugg on sale

ugg boots on sale

Mini Ugg Boots
Bailey Button UGG
Cardy Ugg Boots
Infant Erin Ugg
Nightfall Ugg Boots
Short Metallic Ugg
Short Ugg Boots
Sundance II Ugg
Tall Metallic Ugg
Tall Ugg Boots
Ugg Amelie Suede Sandals
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
Ugg Tasmina Braid Sandals
Ugg Tasmina Sandals
Ultra Short Ugg
Ultra Tall Ugg


wholesale watches
replica watches
cheap watches

Rolex Watches
Omega Watches
Tissot Watches
Panerai Watches
Piaget-Watches
Zenith Watches
Baume Mercier Watches
Bvlgari Watches
Concord Watches
Corum Watches
Longines Watches
Louis Vuitton Watches
Mont Blanc Watches
Oris Watches

Courtney said...

Beautiful decorations. Merry Christmas.

Mama Llama said...

So, where do you buy mesh? and where does everyone get the big things sticking out on top of the tree? (feathers/sticks, wiry) etc Looks like a florist did your beautiful tree! Love it!

Rebecca said...

Beautiful decorations! I love your tree! Where did you get the mesh? I have been looking for some but haven't found what I want. I love the metallic look of yours. I also love all the sticks and feathers at the top. Where did you find those too?

This was my first time visiting your blog. I love it! Your little boy is precious!!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

rahpatrick@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

Beautiful decorations! But random question, where did you get the striped chair in your living room. We need a little chair like that for our living room and the colors would totally match! :)

thanks!

Mary said...

Too funny! Our boys were born on the same exact day and wore the same exact outfit for their first Christmas! I found you from Kelly's blog! :)

Tiff said...

Where did you find your cute stockings??? i just love them!