Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Lunch Date

Brody and I had a fun lunch today with our sweet friends, Kelly and Harper. We ate at the Crumpet Tea Room. It is one of my favortie places to eat. They have the best orange rolls! Jill was able to meet us for lunch as well. It was so much fun having her there to meet Kelly and Harper. We all had a great time!
This little man had a REALLY great time! I guess he thought that he could make a move since it was their third date. He was trying to climb out of his high chair to get to her. I finally had to move him because he would not stop reaching and grabbing Harper and her food. Her face cracks me up. I am sure she is thinking, "Brody, you are so crazy! Get off of me!"

Harper is seriously the sweetest baby. She is so calm and soooo good. She would just sit, eat, and smile. I can't wait until her and Brody are both talking so they can talk while we eat! I am sure they will have such funny conversations.
Josh stopped by to see all of us during his lunch break. Harper seemed to like him a lot. She kept smilinig at him. I think Josh wants Brody to date her when they get older because he asked Kelly if she and Scott had decided what age Harper could start dating. :) Kelly said never. We may have to work on that! Haha!

After we left lunch, Brody and I headed to do a little shopping. I had our big stroller that has the little tray that goes across Brody, so I put him in that but I didn't strap him in. I don't always strap him in and he has never fallen out or gotten out.....until today. We were in a children's clothing store and I heard him grunt a few times as I was looking at things. When I looked down at his stroller, I realized he wasn't in it. Then, I looked right down beside me and he was standing right next to me smiling. The little stinker had slid down under the tray and gotten out of his stroller. It probably only took him about 25-30 seconds. I just laughed! Life has definitly changed now that he is walking and is more mobile!

20 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so funny about him getting out of the stroller! It looks like y'all had a great time at lunch and yes Brody and Harper make a cute couple!

That's Who I Am said...

Sounds like you all had a great lunch! I think Brody is adorable:) I am sure you where wondering for a split second where in the world he was when he got out of his stroller! He is on the move now!!

Angie said...

Hilarious about the stroller!! I started laughing out loud!

What a fun lunch date - I think Brody & Harper would make a great couple...many years down the road of course!!

The Wife said...

That is too funny!

Nina said...

Love, love love your blog. I came across it from Kelly's Corner and I left a comment about the Poofing video. So excited to try it. :) Step on over to my blog if you get a chance. I've got some yummies. :)

Heather said...

What a fun lunch date..and that is such a great picture of all of you!!! Harper and Brody are definitely a great couple!!!! :)

Kelly said...

too cute
Brody and Harper=cute couple =)

GREG and JANICE said...

Hey Jennifer... Where's the Crumpet Room? Always on the lookout for a new yummy place.

Mary said...

How fun! Glad he didn't get hurt getting out of his stroller-I never had one of my kids do that but my son DID figure out how to get out of his bouncy seat and thankfully the time he did it it was on the floor instead of on the coffee table where I usually kept it! Sometimes when they do stuff like that it's like," Yay you did something tricky and figured it out!" and we just have to be thankful they are more skilled than we realize :)

Lindsey Conrad - Nabors said...

What a fun lunch date!!! I miss the Crumpet Tea room - wished I still lived there to enjoy it!!

Kelly said...

I love those pics you have of B&H. I forgot to tell you while you were praying today I kept one eye open because you never know....and Harper was trying to feed Brody a grape. ha!

Warf pary of 3 said...

glad you all had a great time!! i just read Kelly's blog and then yours. loved the old school pictures of you and Josh. I went through all of our pics from the college years. we were just babies. have a blessed week!!

Angie said...

So funny about the stroller!! What a fun lunch! Brody and Harper make such a cute couple :)

Mary Madeline said...

Looks like y'all had a fun day. Makes me want to come visit Arkansas!!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

I love the Crumpet Tea Room. Orange rolls don't sound great but they are so yummy!! That is how Lilly slid out of her stroller at 4 months--you handled it much better than we did. We panicked and went to the ER because neither one of us saw her and we were convinced she hit her head. A couple of days later, we realized it was only like a foot off the ground. Haha.

Oh, we didn't go to church last Sunday (obviously) but we are going to go the first Sunday we are back in town. I will let you know so we can at least see each other for a moment.

krislyn. said...

What a fun lunch date!! In the third picture it looks as though Brody has his eyes closed and his lips are pukered up!! Ha ha.

Karen said...

It looks like you had such a fun afternoon!!! Brody is already a ladies man!! :)

Larry and Kara Wright said...

Let me just say how adorable your sister is! I just watched the video and I pull my hair back just like that but can never get the poof and now I can! I gotta find that hairspray but I did it this morning and it did pretty good just gotta get the right hairspray... thanks so much for doing that video!!

Once upon a time with the U's said...

Looks like ya'll had fun! Wanted to ask you where you got your Christmas tree topper and stockings? They are adorable!

Annie said...

aww....Brody and Harper will make a darling couple some day...in about 25 years, haha!

My Blake just started walking last weekend...NOTHING is safe anymore :)