Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Get Ready To Laugh!

While we were at my in-law's house this weekend, I found a scrapbook in Josh's bedroom that I made him when we were dating. He and I laughed so hard looking at the pictures in it, so I decided I had to share some of my favorites. Sorry if the quality is bad. I had to scan the pictures so they are a little fussy. I hope you enjoy!

This was in April 2001. We went to the zoo one Saturday afternoon with some friends. We had been dating about 6 months. Apparently, no one told me bangs weren't cool. Josh looks like a baby in this picture. Josh's senior prom in April 2001. We both had bangs in this picture. Love that! It looks like Josh used a curling iron on his bangs, too.This was December 2001. I have no words. This was in April 2002. Josh drove home from college to see me on a week night because I had a really bad case of shingles. I was on a lot of pain meds in this picture and felt really good! Seriously, I cannot get over the bangs. Josh said it looks like someone sat a blond wig on my head. I agreed. Oh and if you look closely at Josh's hair, he has blond tips. Hahaha! Who told him those looked good? Oh yeah, I did at the time.
This is that same night. I just wanted to show you how beautiful Jill was with braces. That is also her natural hair color. Wow. Can't say we have seen that in the past 10 years. She was in 9th grade. July 2002. This was Josh's jeep. It was so much fun to ride around in during the summer! We were at Sonic! :) This was August 2002. I grew out the bangs over the summer. Thank the Lord. For some reason were both wearing chokers and white shirts. Not real sure about that.This was in November 2002. We were going to the Drill Team/Cheerleading Dance. It was a dance that just drill team members and cheerleaders attended with their dates. We thought it was a big deal! Haha! This was my senior year. This was also right before Josh's muscles got big. He kind of looks chubby in the stomach area, too. Weird. It was Jill's sophomore year and she got to go as well. I just wanted to prove to you that she wasn't born with a poof. She had to work for it!April 2003 heading to my senior prom. I loved that dress. And I'm pretty sure it was $400 and I had to pay for half of it. Totally worth it though.August 2003. This was 2 weeks after I started college. Do y'all remember how cool initial shirts were that fall? I had several and I loved them. For some odd reason I had topsy-tailed my hair. That probably wasn't cool. September 2003 This was my freshman year of college and this picture was from TWIRP week. Josh and I were going to Barn Bash....obviously! :) September 2004. We are starting to look more like ourselves in this picture!This was in October 2004. We had been dating 4 years at this point.

That's where the scrapbook ended was in 2004. I gave to Josh for our 4 year dating anniversary. I had planned on adding to it, but I never did. I have 5 years worth of pictures to add to it now! Haha!

It's OK if you make fun of us, because we totally made fun of ourselves for a good while the other night! :)

35 comments:

Crystal said...

The pictures are great! It is always fun to look down memory lane! My husband and I do the same thing when we look back and we always ask each other "what were we thinking" HA!!! Thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

Oh, honey. You and me both with the bangs. Why didn't someone stage an intervention with us?! Y'all look like babies in the first few pictures! Thank you for sharing, it is too cute!

Aishlea and Brandon said...

Love them! I have looked at old pics recently of my hubby and me- we started dating in 1999....oh my word. Too funny!

Mary said...

wow!! yall looked so different...loved looking at all the pictures! thanks for sharing!

Sonya said...

The pictures are cute! Don't we all have ones that make us wonder what the heck we were thinking!

Kelly said...

Love these! It's fun that you have pictures together from when you were so young! And I love that you can show these and laugh - all though I think you look cute in them all. I love to drag out old pictures and laugh.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh so funny! But I can't really laugh cause mine are so much worse! It's so neat that you have all of these pictures!

Summer said...

It is sooo fun to go down memory lane! Girl don't feel bad I had the early 90's poof and bangs....Yeah it's the what was I thinking?? Ya'll looked cute though....
Awwww it's sooo cute!
Summer :0)

Lisa said...

how cute are you two!!! I love the bangs and LOVE LOVE LOVE Josh's blonde tips! Those were very cool back in the day. I also had sveral initial shirts with bling. It must have been a Drill Team thing. We all had them! And the necklace =)

The Schramkos! said...

Jen! Those pictures are not bad they were cute! EVERYONE had those darn bangs!!! I had huge thick ones. you reminded me of a picture I DO have of you at the ski trip where your face is (burning) off. It looks sooo painful and everytime I go through my pictures I see it. I tell Chris.. I felt so bad for Jennifer.. but she didnt wear sunscreen! haha I am sure you could find some lovely ones of me too! You and Josh are too cute and so is Brody! Maybe we can see you guys sometime in this lifetime!

Jilly said...

So fun - thanks for sharing! You & Jill both look fantastic with your natural hair colors...I'm being serious!

Josh and Kate said...

You all looked cute. I remember all those styles you talked about. I never knew you had shingles. I had it at the very beginning of being pregnant with Parker and it was awful! I've never met anyone our age that's had it before.

Shannon said...

Those were great!!! Laughing so hard at the chokers!!!! I had those same bangs and pretty sure I had that blue dress you wore to Josh's prom! :)

Christa said...

Loved all the pictures! Y'all are too cute!

stb said...

So cute! And brave for sharing :-) Thanks!!

Todd and Courtney said...

AWESOME!! I totally wore chokers back in the day too!

The Browns said...

Those pictures are so cute! I love to look back on pics when Jason & I were dating. Ya'll are so cute!

Bonnie :)

Kodi said...

AT LEAST your bangs weren't poofed. I wonder if my mom hated me when I look at my childhood pictures. I also had a BIG thing for the initial shirts. I remember buying myself one from Lerner New York (Now New York and Company) that was pink and 3/4 sleeve....3/4 sleeves were all the rage around that time too. :)

The Stokley Family said...

That was a fun post!
I do remember the initial shirts. I had initial everything it was kinda insane!

Lea Liz said...

How much fun!!!!! We all can look back on pictures and laugh!! You all are adorable!~

The Allens said...

I love it! It's great that you have that!

Erin said...

What great memories though and look at how much you have changed. I had bangs as well and my husband had those blonde tips at some point as well. I should do a flash back and post some crazy pictures of us ha ha! I loved looking at all these and reading about each one.

Ella Claire's Mommy said...

Oh, Jennifer! I totally remember the initial shirts!! HAHA! I also had a number of them...

Katie said...

That was SO MUCH FUN! I think y'all looked so sweet in all of them. I cannot even begin to make fun of bangs. My bangs were so much worse!! I had bangs halfway back on my head till high school. And a perm..YIKES! You look amazing in that blue dress...I agree, totally worth it! Isn't it funny when you look back at old pictures to think...what would we have thought then if someone would show us what our life would turn into...with kids and stuff...isn't that funny?! So fun to see a little glimpse of y'all's history! :o)

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Loved the whole post! Too cute!!

Rebekah said...

Oh, love you! I am not laughing at you but with you! I had the bangs, too! Bless our hearts!

Katie said...

Jennifer ~

This is great! What a walk down memory lane for you and Josh. Isn't it hilarious to look at old pictures like this?!

Jenna said...

A heartfelt thank you to you and Josh for making my day with these pictures. I love them!!!

Love ya, friend!

"JENNA IN GA" ;-)

Amy said...

This was so fun! I laughed out loud at some of your comments. My husband and I have been together since I was in the 8th grade....so we have quite a few pictures that are reminiscent of yours! Too funny!!

Corinne said...

LOL! I just stumbled over here from Kelly's blog (I came for the hair poofing and started checking things out). I have to say, you crack me up! Your old pictures could very well be interchangeable with mine.

Haley said...

I love going down memory lane. My husband and I have been together since 2001- I was 16 and he was 17 so we both always laugh looking at old pics! Loved the prom ones :)

Kara said...

Those are so adorable. We are 29 and have been together since we were 15...so precious.

Kathy said...

Oh the bangs. At least you grew yours out early, I've still got mine in my wedding pics. YIKES!!!!

Thanks for sharing the photos, y'all are just too cute together.

jayme said...

this is the greatest stuff i've ever seen! i looooved the initial shirts! i think i had every color and everything!

Charity said...

ok so clearly i have nothing to do while off work and home on the farm, so i've been reading thru your blog. (now i sound like a creepy stalker, sorry!)

anyways all that to say BEST POST EVER!!! Glad to know i wasn't the only awkward looking one growing up!