Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Baking

Every year at Christmastime, my mom, Jill and I bake together. I went over to their house last night and we made cookies, muddy buddies, and Chex mix. We had a lot of fun!

Some of the ingredients ready to be used. Jill stirring away!I took a picture of her poof....look how big it is! I am always amazed by it! And no, it's not a bump-it, although she gets asked that often. Brody did a little shopping around the house while we baked.
Josh didn't last long downstairs before he headed up to the game room, or as we call it in our family "the man cave", to watch football. The muddy buddies. This is one of my favorites!Brody was excited...he thought he was going to get to eat some, too.
While I was there, I took a some pictures of a few Christmas decorations. I didn't take any pictures of the dining room or kitchen, but I did get a couple of the tree and mantel. The colors of their house are red, orange, purple and lime green, so she uses all those colors on the tree.My great-aunt made all of our stockings. Each one is different!Josh and Brody left early so they get home in time for Brody to go to bed. My sister offered to take me home once we finished. But before we left the house, I went shopping in her closet and got a few new things to wear. That is one of my favorite things about having a sister....sharing clothes!

21 comments:

Megan said...

Ok I am also always amazed by Jill's "poof". Her hair always looks perfect! I bet you girls had fun!

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

You and your mom and sister are so beautiful........

I love home made stocking!!!

Christa said...

Sounds like so much fun! Love how your mom decorated her house...so pretty! The tree and the green/orange vases are so pretty!

Summer said...

O.K. first off you and your sister look alot alike! So cute!! Her "poof" is really cute, it does look like a bump it! Wow she must have thick hair!!
Looks like ya'll had fun baking! I love Chex Mix! I always pick out and eat the things I like and then my hubby is left with the nuts and pretzels!! Ha! Ha! Until last year and he did that to me :0( ! Wasn't as fun when it happened to me! Ha! Ha!
Brody looks super cute with his shopping cart and oh I love the tree!!
Summer :0)

Once upon a time with the U's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! How does your sister get her poof so poofy? I never can figure out how to do that!!

Todd and Courtney said...

I have always wondered if Jill used a bump it, HA! I love yall's hair. And the mutty buddy, I wonder if thats the same thing as puppy chow. Chex mix, peanut butter, powdered sugar?? I need to get my bake on!

Stuck in the Sticks said...

That's not a bumpit?! How does she do it?!

Crystal said...

Please share how Jill gets her hair to look like that? Your moms tree is beautiful too! I'm going shopping after Christmas for our tree but I have to wait for the sales!

Erin said...

That is exactly why I am hoping for another girl ha ha then they can share clothes and it will save so much money! Love the stockings and all the holiday baking is so yummy!

Mary said...

can you tell me about the tree toppers? it seems like everyone who lives in AR uses that for their tree topper! i really like it!

M Oliver said...

Where did you get Brody's basket?

Annie said...

Yumm!
Muddy buddies?! Is that like 'puppy chow'...it look sthe same, but that is what we call it!

Jill's poof is VERY impressive :)...it does look like a bump-it...and I love it..hehe

Lana said...

I wish my hair would do a "poof" like that! I even tried the bump-it's but couldn't get them to work!! Your mom's tree looks beautiful!

Katie said...

That tree looks beautiful! I think that is one of the prettiest ones I've seen this year! I really love it!

I could eat my weight solid in muddy buddies...Oh my gosh, those look so good. Why did you have to post a picture of them?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I've already been trying to beat cravings for those Little Debbie Christmas tree snack cakes, and now I'm going to be dreaming about muddy buddies!

Shanna said...

Her poof has always been amazing. When we went to college together I finally had to ask what brand of hairspray she used & to my surprise it was from WalMart. Needless, to say I'm still using it now and I get asked if mine's a bump-it all the time too! I also love having a sister to share clothes!!!

kelsrowe said...

What fun times with your family! I am looking forward to the same thing in about a week or so.....I do not get to live close to my family right now :( Jill's bump seems to be a hot topic now! So how does she do it.....haha!

Kodi said...

Two questions:

What are muddy buddies? I think it's the same thing that we call "puppy chow"....but I'm not sure.

Second, HOW does she do that bump? I'd KILL for that bump. :)

Karen said...

LOL! I am also intrigued by your sister's hair if it's not a bumpit. My sister and I talk about buying bumpit's all the time just to try them out. I think they sell them at Bed, Bath and Beyond!

Karen

The Allens said...

Jennifer, I love the new Blog look. I wanted to let you know that I made Cowboy Chili last night. So good! Thank you!

PHARES CAUSEY said...

This is one of the cutest posts! I wish I still lived in NW Ar so that Jill could work with my hair! I have the flattest hair ever! Merry Christmas to all of you!

M and L said...

OOO Muddy Buddies have to be the same as Puppy Chow! I might have to make me some soon!! Yummy!