Saturday, December 19, 2009

Boys Day!

Hello girls, this is Josh, the husband, trying my hand at this blogging thing today...please don't judge if this post is not very good!

From the previous post, you know that Jen was going down to Baxter and Allison's wedding today so that left me and little B at the house just to hang out and have a boys day. After Jen left, I put the little guy down for a nap so that he could be ready to tackle Wally World and the last shopping weekend before Christmas...good thing too because it was crazy out there! We went and did the shopping for the week and I am sorry to say that I didn't get any pics of us doing any shopping because I wanted to keep my manhood and not look silly taking pictures down every ailse...I know you understand.

I did, however, get some of the Holy Grail of Hairspray while I was there...Freeze It!

When we did get home, I got he and I some lunch and we went at it!

Loving him some Yo Baby 3 in 1!
Chug! Chug! Chug!

After lunch, we played some and helped Mom get some of the chores done around the house...

Just leaving from checking to see if the dishes were done...

Practicing our ninja skills...he is very experienced with a bow staff!

Of course we had to read a book before our afternoon nap...
After all of this, I put B-man down for his afternoon nap and then I folded a few clothes and got the rest of the laundry going so Jen could be caught up for the week when she gets home. Jen's love language is acts of service which means I show her love by doing things for her. Before we started our pre-marital counseling, our pastor made us read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. The five are: Acts of Service, Physical Touch, Giving and Receiving Gifts, Words of Encouragement, and Quality Time.

If you have never read this book, I strongly suggest it because when you figure out what each other's love language is, you will both benefit and your "love tanks" will always be full.

Here is the before of the laundry...

And the after!

We were going to go to the gym after his nap, but they quit with the child care after 12, so it looks like it is going to be a party at our house until Mommy gets home!
We love you so much Mommy and come home safe!

23 comments:

Kelly said...

Josh - you can become a famous blogger too! This is great!!!!
I'm running across the house right now to show Scott what he needs to be doing! :-)

Kelly said...

P.S. I love how Josh starts this out...."hello girls".... ha ha ha! I'm dying laughing.

Terri said...

Oh Josh!!!! Miss you buddy! You are so great to Jennifer!

Debbie said...

Josh,
You outdid yourself! I'm thinking you should start your own blog. Your perspective would be terrific. We are in Fay with the Perfect Ones...have to miss the wedding. Jennifer will just have to be the present one for all of us. You can guest post on my blog anytime:)

Melissa said...

Great job on the post Josh!

Karen said...

You rock, Josh! I love how much you love your wife....that is awesome!

Todd and Courtney said...

I'm dying laughing...I love it

Silvy said...

hey!

i found your blog off of kelly's link to the poof video :). i am super impressed that your husband blogged! maybe this will help my convince my husband to write an entry sometime.

and not to be super creepy, but i think i saw yall at jcpenney in the promenade today...were you there?

i thought to myself, "i think that is the family from the poof video blog!" hahahaha

p.s. brody is undeniably adorable.

Ashley said...

Hahahaha I love this!

Julee Turner said...

Is this the same Josh Francis I went to OBU with? I am a little worried that you even knew how to blog much less posted such an informative and long post! HA! Love the pic of Brody practicing his ninja skills!

Beth said...

I'm a new follower from Kelly's Korner. I just HAD to see the Poof Video - it was hilarious! This is a great post :)

Summer said...

Funny how ya started the post hello girls! LOL! Looks like your taking good care of Brody and helping Jennifer out! You all are such a cute family! I am really laughing over the hair poofing spray! Seriously cracking me up!
Summer :0)

Mandi said...

Great post, Josh! You should become a regular guest blogger!

Jilly said...

Wow, you even folded the laundry and sorted it by color -- I'm super impressed! Btw, we love that book at our house, too.

Mary Madeline said...

Josh, you did a great job!!! My husband is in the other room wondering what I am laughing at!! I am very impressed with all the pictures you took!!

Nina said...

I am so so impressed. Jennifer, you've got a keeper!

Mary said...

Great job! My husband is an acts of service person and I have learned how much the five love languages has helped us understand each other!

Jennifer said...

You are amazing! Thank you for everything you do. I LOVE YOU.

P.S. How in the world did you know how to blog?

Kodi said...

I love that you did a blog post. My husband would rather die. I have been trying to get him to read the Five Love Languages...maybe I'll wrap it up and give it to him for Christmas...again. haha

Sarah Broadus said...

I shared your blog with my husband and thanks for the book suggestion, we will be getting that on our next trip to the bookstore! I agree, a dad's blog would be interesting to see a husbands insight into parenting life. Love reading about your family!

Jill said...

ok that was funny!! you are a natural! Start blogging yourself and maybe some other hubby's will join.

We loved the 5 love language book as well, and now we are reading the love languages for children.

Just bought my first can of FREEZE IT!! can't wait to try my hand at POOFING!

katie beth said...

Great post! I have been trying to convince my husband that he should guest post every now and then on my blog.

I need to get some Freeze It.

LET THE GOODE TIMES ROLL!!! said...

Josh,
I am impressed!!! LOVE IT!!!
KJ