Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Before I go into details of our weekend, I wanted to share with you a video of the highlight of our weekend....Brody started taking steps!!!!
video
I was on the phone with Julee and all the sudden, Brody just walked to Josh. I think Julee has significant hearing loss in one ear because I screamed so loud in her ear, but I was just so excited! Sorry about your ear, Ju! :) He took 6 steps at once, which is the most we saw him do! We are just so excited! I wish you could have seen how proud he was of himself. He would just squeal each time he would walk. So sweet!

Now to the rest of our weekend!

Josh and I took a little trip to Branson, MO for the weekend. We left Thursday after Josh got home from work and we got back home on Saturday afternoon. We left Brody with my family....it was the first time we have left him! It couldn't have gone more perfectly. Brody did so well with my family and Josh and I had a great weekend eating, shopping, relaxing, and spending time together. We were able to sleep late both mornings, which was so nice!

On Friday, we went to Springfield, MO, for a late lunch and ate at Lambert's Cafe. Josh had never been there, but I had been several times with my grandparents. I think we were probably the youngest people there by at least 20 years, but it was still so much fun and such good food! The thing Lambert's is known for is throwing rolls. The guy walks around and throws dinner rolls and each time you want one you just raise you hands and they toss one to you. It's really fun!

They serve their drinks in these huge mugs. I got sweet tea and I definitely had two mug fulls! Haha! (And I have no idea why my middle button on my jacket isn't buttoned...that bothers me in this pic!)
They also serve you HUGE portions of food, as well as walk around with extra sides and ask if you want any more. You really get ridiculously full eating there. Here is Josh's plate. His meal was served in a skillet!

Needless to say, we were not at all hungry that night, and ended up just going to Starbucks in instead of eating dinner! Haha! We did a lot of fun things while we were there, but I didn't really feel like taking pictures, so this is all you get of our trip! :)

Brody had so much fun with my family. He was glad to see us when we got home, but then he cried when my mom started to leave. He loves her a lot!
Sunday, I helped host a baby shower for our friend Jill. Her and her husband, Mark are having a baby boy in January!

Hope you had a great weekend, too!

13 comments:

Julee Turner said...

My ear is fine! I am just SOOO excited that little man is WALKING!!!

Lauren said...

I am so proud of Brody! It is always fun to get away for a little while. Glad you had fun!

Kelly said...

Love the video!!! that is SO exciting!!!! I bet he will be walking everywhere soon!!!
I'm glad ya'll got a getaway! You needed it and I'm sure it was SO great! :-)
I need to know where you and Julee's jackets are from. They are TOO cute!

Summer said...

Love the video!! Good job Brody!! That is sooo funny you squealed so loud and your BFF was on the phone!! Glad her ear is o.k. :0)!!

Looks like ya'll had a great weekend!
We did too!

Summer :0)

Leah said...

yayyyy for Brody!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful weekend away!! Craig and I may get to do that over Christmas and I CAN'T WAIT haha.

Jenna said...

Yay Brody!!! And yay for Lamberts, I love that place! I had a baby shower here this weekend too!

Angie said...

So exciting that Brody took his first steps! I LOVE the video, I love Lambert's!! We used to go there when I was growing up, it is my Dad's FAVORITE resturant!! I haven't been since HS. Have a good week :)

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

thats a cute video of him walking............awww another milsone congrats

looks like y'all had a blast this weekend =)

I love Lambert's Cafe
(I have only been in Foley. This place is soo cool) so entertainment too



have a great week

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

*milestone

I am a bad speller hahaha

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Yay Brody!!!! Just wait until you are trying to get pictures of him while he is way to busy to stop walking around...haha. It is amazing how one day it just clicks and they take off walking (or running).

I am so glad you guys got a weekend away. Matt and I went to Eureka Springs in August and it was sooo nice to have some couple time--it really rejuvinates your relationship with each other as well as makes you appreciate having the little one to come home to (not that you don't always--you know what I am trying to say)! We had such a good time and were SO excited to come back home to Lilly.

Do you ever take Brody to the library? I am thinking about taking Lilly to the baby book worm thing. I have heard it is lots of fun.

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love Lambert's- you get way too much food there. :)
So exciting that your little man is walking@

Ashley said...

What a perfect weekend! So cute!

Mandi said...

Brody's first wobbly steps are ADORABLE! It brings back memories of Dillan's first steps.