Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!Josh and I are very blessed in that our families do Thanksgiving together. We started this the first Thanksgiving after we were married. My parents hosted the first two Thanksgivings at their house up here. Our first Thanksgiving, we had been married only 12 days and just gotten home from Mexico a few days earlier. Then, on our second Thanksgiving, we had a 7 week old! Yes, we moved fast! :) This was the 3rd Thanksgiving and since this is the first year Josh and I have been "settled" during Thanksgiving, we all traveled to Benton to Tommye and Gerald's house. This is the very first time I have ever traveled on Thanksgiving. Both sets of my grandparents and my great-grandparents lived in the same town as us growing up so we never had to go further than 10 minutes on the holidays. It was definitely different to get up and leave town yesterday morning, but it was a beautiful day and we had a great drive down! But who wouldn't with this stud in the backseat?
Josh's grandpa and my grandmother also joined us for lunch. I am so thankful Brody has a great-grandparent on each side of our families. My great-grandparents (dad's grandparents) were alive until I was in high school and I have so many wonderful memories of the holidays at their house. I think there is something special about great-grandparents.
Josh's mom, my mom and my grandma all cooked lots of wonderful food! Look at all this food for 9 people!!
The desserts...Cookies, chocolate pie and pumpkin pie
After dessert, what is better than some Thanksgiving football? Look who had the remote! After we ate, we went to check out the new motorcycles. For about a year, Josh and his dad have been buying and selling motorcycles. It's just a fun hobby that they enjoy doing together. Well, they just had 14 motorcycles delivered this past week from Dallas that they bought. I think they have 16 motorcycles now! Too bad I still don't let Josh ride them! Ha! Josh really doesn't like that I am anti-motorcycles. I told him he could sell them, just not ride them. Can you imagine how tempting this is to have all these and he just gets to look at them! :)

Last night, Josh and I were talking about all the things we were thankful for and we were again reminded how we are truly blessed. Our precious son, our amazing families, our home, food, clothing, cars, material things, wonderful church, sweet friends, but most importantly our Savior. I am so thankful for the abundant life He has given us. I pray that I have a heart of Thanksgiving more than just one day a year.
I AM BLESSED!

6 comments:

Leah said...

You were in Benton???? We were next door at my aunt's house then!! When we pulled in I said to Craig, "I wonder if Jennifer and Josh are here??" But I didn't see any cars so we figured ya'll weren't there, or else I would've come over to see you guy and let Perri and Brody meet! Dangit!! Are ya'll still in Benton or did you already go back?

Todd and Courtney said...

So precious!!!! He is seriously so cute! Your food table looked just like ours :)

Kelly said...

You are SUCH a sweet family and Brody is so precious in his TIE!!! So neat that ya'll can all be together - that sure makes the holidays easier.
I will never let Scott have a motorcycle either and he would love one.
P.S. Love the hairband. Think I might wear mine today!

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

looks like a fun thanksgiving!!!

Summer said...

O.K. you have a beautiful family! I love Brody's tie shirt and spiky hairdo! OMG on the motorcycles!! That's alot of bikes.... how funny that he only gets to sell them....
Anywho I love your little flower clip in your hair, very very cute!
Summer :0)

Katie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jennifer. Love you, girl.