Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sick Boy

Brody has had a little cough since this weekend. Yesterday, it got a little deeper and sounded like it was moving into his chest. He had not had a fever and other than coughing and waking himself up last night, he had been totally normal...happy and sweet. I decided today that I needed to be on the safe side and made an appointment with the doctor. I just didn't want the cough to get worse over the weekend. So this afternoon, I took Brody to the doctor. This was his first sick appointment.

He was a little ham while we waited and seemed to be having a lot of fun!

See what I mean?? He is so cute and funny!

The doctor came in a listened to his chest. She reassured me that the cough was not in his chest and was just post-nasal drip. Thank goodness. She checked his left ear...completely clear. Then, she checked his right ear and said, "oh that ear is infected. It's not a mild infection...it is VERY VERY red..It's very infected." I was so sad that he had a full-blown ear infection and I had no idea that he was even hurting. But you couldn't tell from the videos that he felt bad, could you?

He decided to play the part of the sick boy once she said that his ear was infected...see what I mean. So pitiful.
The doctor called in some medicine to the pharmacy next to the pediatric clinic. We walked over after our appointment and picked that up along with some extra children's Tylenol, just so we do not run out. He is feeling just fine and is playing rough and laughing with Josh as I write this.
We are going to spoil him extra tonight and this weekend since he is so sweet and didn't even act sick. We really are so blessed that this is the first time he has been sick in 13 months. I just love him so much!

20 comments:

Kelly Denise said...

he is too cute
love little baby talk
feel better little man

Heather said...

He such a cute little boy!

The Williams' said...

How ironic! That is the exact thing that happened with Gage a couple of weeks ago. We went in for a cough and he had an ear infection in his RIGHT ear. I just hate it for them. Hopefully Brody will get better soon!!

Crystal said...

I love the videos! He is adorable and I hope he gets well soon!

Summer said...

He is just a cutie! Oh I hope his little ear gets well soon! You are such a great mommy!

Summer :0)

Kelly said...

I'm sorry he is sick. He does look so pititful in that last picture. ha! He's still adorable!
That's wonderful that he went more than a year without being sick!! That's HUGE! Hope he stays healthy the rest of the winter!

Angie said...

Poor Brody!! I am sorry that he's sick. Ear infections are the worst!! I hope he feels better soon :)

Elle Squared said...

Cute videos! Hope your little guy gets to feeling better soon!

Amanda said...

Bless his little heart! Hope he feels better soon!

Jenna said...

Aww, poor little man! He seems in great spirits though!

Ashley said...

Poor little cough, poor baby!! I just love him! ;) He is so adorable!!!!

Erin said...

Poor little boy, I hope he gets better soon! We let alex fight off two ear infections because she never really acted sick.

Lea Liz said...

aww.. sos orry he has an ear infeciton, hope he is feeling better soon!! He must be one tough little guy!!

Julee Turner said...

I love those videos and when he says the words it makes me so proud! I hate that he is sick but I am glad that he isn't acting too sick!

Brittany said...

What a cutie!!

Mandi said...

With your TLC I'm sure he'll be feeling better soon!

Nick, Lindsey, and Anniston Kennedy said...

He is such a doll!

Karen said...

Aw, poor little guy! I hope he feels better soon!

Karen

Ann said...

He is sooooooo very adorable!! My nieces and nephews are the same way - it is amazing what children can deal with well. Hope he feels better soon!

The Browns said...

I love how you spike his hair. He is such a little stud! At my last ultrasound they said our little boy has hair. I guess in 2 more months we'll know for sure!
Have a great weekend :)
Bon