Sunday, November 22, 2009

Our Weekend

We had a fun weekend around our house! Brody says, "Yay for the weekends!"
Friday night, we took Brody to FNO at church and then we went to see some friends' new baby at the hospital. After that, we went to eat Mexican food, got Brody and then came home and did nothing. Good, relaxing night!
Saturday morning, we helped assemble Blessing Baskets for needy families in our area. I already blogged about our day here, so if you missed it, make sure and check it out. It was a wonderful morning spent with a lot of caring and giving people!
After we assembled Blessing Baskets, we headed to Mimi's Cafe for a late breakfast. It was so good! I love their breakfast.
Jill and mom.

Brody ordered the Micky Mouse pancakes. They were shaped like a Mickey head. Cute!

He LOVED them!

Saturday evening, we got take-out and ate at home. Brody went to bed early, so Josh and I were able to just lay around and relax. We watched a few movies and I worked on our Thanksgiving cards. I will post the finished product this week after everyone had received them in the mail.

I also have had a "baking bug" lately. I am constantly wanting to bake things. I went through a similar phase when I was pregnant with Brody (I'm not pregnant this time) and I was always baking, but didn't really care to eat it...I just wanted to bake it. I have been baking things at least 2 or 3 nights a week for the past month. Saturday night, I decided to make cinnamon rolls. I had everything I needed at the house, so I just busted some out. It took like 4 hours from start to finish since I had to let the dough rise 2 hours, but it was totally worth it when these came out of the oven at 11:45 that night! :) I also made homemade cream cheese icing and it was SOOO good. I can't wait to eat another one later tonight. Sunday morning we went to church, which is my favorite part of our week! It was my Sunday to volunteer during the 10:55 Service. Another friend and I check babies and children into the computer system for the nursery. We usually do two Sundays on, then two Sundays off. This was our on Sunday. Well, we have been wearing these matching shirts every time we work. Apparently, they sent out an email this week that said not to wear them and I didn't get the email so I was the ONLY PERSON in the whole church in my 10:55 service shirt this morning. Really cool. I looked like a big dork! Luckily I wore a long cardigan over it so I could kind of hide it! :)
Sunday evening, we went over to my parent's house to eat. We don't get to eat with them on Sundays after church as much as we used to since we are doing the 10:55 service, so we went to eat with them tonight. Jill and Brandon ate with us, too. It was a lot of fun!

We just ate sandwiches and dips, etc, but my mom got bottle cokes for us to have with our meal, which was fun. I used to love these when I was little!

And of course, we had to eat off of Razorback red plates with Razorback napkins! :) We are so hardcore! :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend as well! I am looking forward to Thursday!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

YUMMY! All that food made me hungry! ;) What a great weekend girl!

Summer said...

What a fun weekend!! I love bottled cokes too! Call me weird but they are fun and I think taste better than a can!!
Summer :0)

Cara Beth said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me! :)