Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary, Josh!

Two years ago today, I married my very best friend. The day was perfect! My groom was perfect! And even though these last two years have been different than we planned, they have just been perfect to me as well. By far, the best two years of my life.

I would say that our second year of marriage was a little less eventful than the first, which we are thankful for in some ways. Our first year of marriage, I found out I was pregnant with Brody and had Brody 5 weeks before our one year anniversary. Talk about a busy year. Josh also changed jobs our first year of marriage and we tried to figure out how to balance marriage and a baby.....which was difficult at times.

I feel like this second year we have just transitioned into our roles as husband and wife and our parenting roles nicely. I forget some days that we still are fairly newly wed...Even if we are parents, too. I think this year we have learned how to make time for each other and for our relationship, as well as making family time a priority. I am thankful to have a husband who wants to spend time alone with me each week and makes sure it happens. It would be easy to say that because of Brody we can't...but I know that it is best for us and best for him if we spend quality time together. I am thankful that is important to Josh!

I could write a million wonderful things about my husband. I know every girl thinks their husband is amazing, and I am no different. I sometimes hear women brag how their husbands kept their child that night so they could go out, or how their husbands unloaded the dishwasher, or did laundry, or even gave their baby a bath and put them to bed. All sweet, wonderful acts of service. I can honestly say that Josh does these things daily at our house. I never have to ask him to do it....he always does it with a cheerful heart. He is such a servant. That is one thing I love about him. He usually always helps me clean house and is the first to volunteer to clean the bathrooms. So great! :) He always lets me rest at night when he gets home, even though he has been at work. And he always lets me sleep late on Saturday mornings...even though he probably needs more sleep than I do.

Not only is he a great husband, but he is a wonderful dad as well. I really couldn't have imagined him being so crazy over Brody. Or so over-protective. He is way worse than I am. He has always been the one who slept with the monitor on his night stand. He is first in Brody's nursery if he cries at night. He is always the one to get him out of bed in the mornings. He always feeds him dinner. I know you are wondering if I do anything! :) He loves spending time with Brody and makes that a priority. I love seeing the two of them together.

Josh is so disciplined...an area I lack in a lot at times. Josh wakes up at 5:30 every weekday and works out, as well as has his quiet time. I'm doing good most days to do my hair. You know? He is such a prayer warrior as well. He has prayed with me almost every morning before he leaves for work and every night before bed since we have been married. I love that about him. I love that he is passionate about praying for our family.

I am so thankful that God chose Josh for me. I am thankful that despite the fact that I lack in a lot of areas, and that I am a very flawed individual, he still chose to bless me with a wonderful husband. I tell Josh all the time that I want at least 70 more years with him. I figure by the time we are in our 90s one of us will be begging the Lord to take us or we will be too deaf to even know the other one is still around. :) Either way, I am SO thankful for these two years and I pray that God grows and blesses our marriage in the years to come. I pray that it will be used only to glorify Him. I pray that when others look at our marriage they see Christ.

Josh, I love you! Happy Anniversary!

15 comments:

Katie Spinks said...

happy anniversary to you both! i hope you have a very special day reflecting on the past two years and anticipating the next 70!! :)

Crystal said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope to have a great day together!

Rebekah said...

What a precious post!!! Thank you Lord for blessing us with wonderful hubbies, even though we are so undeserving!!! Happy Anniversary!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

What a sweet, sweet post!! Happy anniversary! :)

Summer said...

What a sweet post! Hope you have at least 70 more to write about!
:0)
Summer

Lisa said...

Very sweet! Happy Anni! I hope you two have a wonderful day.

Megan said...

SO sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Sarah M. said...

Such a nice post :) Happy anniversary!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!

Erin said...

Happy Happy Anniversary. Love the post :) Your lucky you get alone time with him each week !! Cherish it!

Cara Beth said...

Awwe, so sweet! He should print this out and frame it it's so sweet! ha! Congratulations and I wish y'all many more happy years to come!

Lindsey said...

I remember your special day. Seems like 10 years ago. I hope you guys have a great day celebrating your Anniversary!

Jenna said...

What a perfect post!!! Happy Anniversary! Hope ya'll had a great day!

LYNDEE said...

I am so happy to hear that there are husbands out there like this... I thank God every day for mine, who is a true blessing in mine and Cades lives:)

Heather said...

Happy (late) anniversary! You two are a great couple!!!