Saturday, November 28, 2009

Deer Widow

Last night was a first for me since we have been married....I was a deer widow.

Josh left Friday night after we ate for my dad's birthday so he could go hunt with Jill's boyfriend, Brandon, and Brandon's dad this morning. He and I have only spent the night apart probably 5 times in the 2 years we have been married. I don't really sleep so well when he is gone. I decided to make the most of it and get some things done around the house while he was gone and Brody slept.

I rented The Proposal and watched it. We saw it when it was in the theater, but I thought it was such a cute movie, so I watched it again.
I drank A LOT of Diet Coke.

I organized my closet. Yes, I know that I do wild and crazy things on Friday nights! :) Josh and I have separate closets in our bathroom, which I really love! I like for all my things to be color coordinated and I try to only use white hangers...I know that's weird. It usually is pretty organized, but the last week or so I had been having what Josh likes to call "closet fits". It's happens when I can't find anything to wear and I try on 10 outfits and throw everything I have tried on into a big pile on the floor and then I leave it on the floor. Basically, it was a mess and I couldn't walk around in there. This is a few pics of the "after". I should have taken a "before" but I forgot.

I realized that half my tops are brown, black or gray. I seriously need to work on buying some color. I don't know why I am so attracted to those 3 colors!

I caught up on laundry. I feel like that rarely happens now that we have a baby who goes through a lot of clothes. I am not complaining at all because I think Brody's little clothes are sweet, I am just saying that this empty basket deserved being documented. I think it lasted about an hour and then something was dirty again! :)
I did a few other random things that needed to be done around the house. I felt like I had a pretty productive Friday night! :) Then on Saturday, Brody and I hung around the house and then went and did a little shopping with my mom.

Josh text me while he was hunting and told me he wanted enchiladas for dinner while we watched the game, so I made those and baked these little bite sized cookies. They are just the kind from the store, but they are so good. I think I ate 10 cookies!
Josh got home just a few minutes before kickoff of the Razorback game. Someone was very happy to see him! All day he kept asking for "Da-e". It was precious!
This picture cracks me up! Brody was trying to walk around the living room. He wore his new size 18 month jeans today that Gigi got him and his Hog onesie is 18 month also. I cannot believe how fast he is growing!

Brody and I ready to cheer on the Hogs!

We seemed to have not cheered hard enough because they lost, but at least we had a good day! :)

Ok, I'm off to get clothes laid out for church and the diaper bag packed. We have to work in the nursery during church which means we have to be there early so I need to have everything together! Hope you had a great Saturday as well!

8 comments:

Jilly said...

I'm always glad when people show pictures of their organizational projects because it gives me ideas -- thank you! By the way, my house is always the most clean and organized when my husband is gone, too -- I get on a crazy streak to pass the time without him.

Erin said...

How fun, I am the same where when my husband is gone I do not sleep well. You got a lot done though I bet that was really nice! You have way way way many clothes :). You are also such a nice wife cooking exactly what he wants after he had been hunting all day/night!

Summer said...

I am the same way when my hubby is out of town.... I don't sleep well either! I always do projects around the house and rent movies too! I love the Proposal! Greg and I watched it for our Anniversay! It was really cute! That pic of Brody cracks me up, how he is walking.... very cute!
Your a precious family!!
Summer :0)

Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly@Keeping up with Kelly said...

Love that movie
Not only am I a LSU fan, I am a SEC fan.......it was a great game for both teams


happy sunday

The Allens said...

Gosh, that is exactly what I do when Jory hunts! I don't sleep well, either. I do a lot of organizing. I use only white hangers and organize my closet by color, too. Very nuerotic. It somehow helps to know I'm not the only one.

Warf pary of 3 said...

dont you just love a clean and organized closet? Brody is SO CUTE!! My son also likes to get into the Ziploc bags.

Karen said...

What a great feeling to get organized!!! It looks like you had such a great day!!!

Karen