Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Fun

Friday night, we took Brody to FNO while we went to eat and do a little shopping. We really had no plans and just kind of went where ever we felt like going. Fun night! No pics. Sorry!

Saturday, we got up and slowly got around. We watched the Hogs lose. Good times.
Saturday afternoon, some families in my parents' neighborhood got together for their annual pumpkin carving party.....so of course, we went!

Brody enjoyed watching all the big kids play.

Brody helped clean out the pumpkin guts...

I carved the pumpkin for our family. I have never carved one in my entire life and I don't think I probably will again until next year. I am pretty sure all that cutting gave me carpel tunnel! Holy cow! My hand was cramping when I got finished and I even used an easy pattern! Here is the pumpkin once it was finished!

Sunday, after church, I helped host a baby shower for our sweet friend, Lindsey. She is having a baby girl, Adeline, in just a few short weeks! Here are all the hostesses with Lindsey...Me, Sarah, Heather, Lindsey, Shannon, Jill and Abby. Heather, Shannon and Jill are all pregnant also, so we have lots more showers in the future! We can't wait to meet their sweet babies, too!

Shannon had this cute little baby scale that she used for the middle of the table. I thought it was perfect for the shower!Brody went with me to the shower because Josh had 2 flag football games this afternoon. He left his mark all over Shannon's house by putting pieces of chewed-up apple slices all over the floor. I told her we were just getting her house ready for when West arrives! Sorry if you find apples all over the place, Shannon. I tried to clean them all up! :)

Brody was very tired and fussy towards the end of the shower and finally just fell asleep while we were there. He slept on the chair in the living room for a little while!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

Hahaha! I haven't found any apple bits yet. :) Brody was so good ans so cute. He was probably wondering where all the toys were! :)

Jamie Lynn said...

Hi! You have the cutest little boy! I just found your blog and thought I'd say Hi! I love his hair! Stop by and say Hi!
Jamie
maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com
lovelongtime.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Sounds like a big fun weekend. Love the pictures. I love his hair :)

Ashley said...

I love all the pics! Sounds like fun gather! Brody looked pooped!! ;)

Have a great Monday!!

Marissa said...

Such cute photos :)

Brittany said...

Aww look at how cute he is:) You have a beautiful family girl!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Hey! I left an award for you on my blog. We need to get together soon. Glad you had a great weekend. What is Brody going to be for Halloween??

Jenna said...

What a fun weekend!!! That Brody is just too cute - awake, asleep, hangin in his stroller, gutting a pumpkin...ALL THE TIME! Have a great Monday, sweet Jennifer!

Mary said...

Love his little tennies--there's nothing cuter than all those little shoes they make for kids!

The Niemeyer Nest said...

I love the picture! So cute!