Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New car seat

Brody got to ride in his new car seat on his 1st birthday! He is still in the weight limit for the infant carrier car seat, but we went ahead and made the transition in my car. He seems to like his new seat, but what he really loves are the new cup holders on his seat. He likes to put his toys and pacifier in there while he is riding!

We bought a car seat with the highest rear-facing weight limit possible. We want to keep Brody rear-facing as long as we can since it is much safer for him to ride that way. The only thing I don't like about the new car seat is that I have to wake him up now to get him out of the car if he is asleep. I can't just pop the seat out and snap it into the stroller. So sad. I guess I will learn to live with it though! :)

Just for fun...here is a picture of Brody a year ago today in his carseat. I cannot believe how much our little man has grown!

9 comments:

Blissfully Enamored said...

jennifer! he is growing up SO fast!!! he is such a cute little guy and i love getting to know him through your blog!!! you and josh are so blessed!

The Dorns said...

Thats so wonderful you chose the my65 and are planning on keeping him rearfacing for a long time. We hung a mirror above where Brodys feet are so that I could see and talk to our baby. You will get alot of people telling you to turn him around at some point tell them its not a write of passege for turning one its a matter of safety.

Summer said...

I love your blog! It's super cute! Girlie I'm with ya on this one, keep him rear facing as long as ya can, I did with Kelcee! It's a safety thing! :0) I hung a little mirror on the back so I could see my sweetie....
Summer :0)

Ryan and Katie said...

I found your blog through Kelly's. We also just switched our 7 month old to the myride 65. It is more inconvenient when going places to always have to take him in and out, but I feel that he is very safe in that seat. And we plan to keep him rear facing for a long time, as well! I'm so glad there are others that are also listening to research!

The Allens said...

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! What a year! We put Aaron in a Convertible Carseat early and he LOVES it!

Lea Liz said...

Aw look how cute!!1 His birhtday party was adorable!! I loved the cake!!!

Let me know how you like this car seat? Is it the Graco myride? I have been looking at it for my Brody!

Warf pary of 3 said...

I was watching 18 kids and counting last night and they went to Rick's bakery. I was like I know about Rick's!! It made me think of your blog and Brody's cakes. Just thought I would share.
Love the blog!!
Tiffany-Nashville

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they are growing?

Lyr said...

What a big boy! Great seat! :)