Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Date Night

Yesterday, I decided Josh and I needed a little date!! This weekend was spent with friends and family, as were the 2 weekends before that, so Josh and I really haven't had a lot of us time lately. Usually, Josh will take care of getting my parents to come keep Brody so we can go somewhere, but I took care of it today. I asked my mom if she could come over after work and then I called Josh and told him. I also told him to be thinking about what he wanted to do and we would go do it. What did he chose?

The driving range!!!!!
I don't play golf. I have no desire to play golf. I am awful at golf.....But for my husband, I will attempt to hit the golf ball like I love the game. :)
We had the best time, although I really stink. Thankfully, I didn't hit anyone with a ball or with my club.

You can tell Josh is way more serious than I am! :)

And because I know you really want to see me swing a club, here is a video of me from last night. I have a really ugly swing but I have only been to the driving range one time before so I'm not a pro!



video

After we left there, we went to the mall. I bought a cute little jacket and we ate at the food court. I feel like that helped make our date even as far as guy things and girl things! :)

One last thing, would you please go here and pray for our friend, Sarah, and her husband, Ben. Sarah is pregnant with a little girl, Weslee, and at the routine 20-week ultrasound yesterday, they discovered the baby has a neurological birth defect. Our hearts are just broken for them. Please join us in praying for them and their sweet family!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I'm proud of you, Jennifer. What a trooper! The things we do for our men... ; )

Katie said...

Wow, that sounds like what Mike would consider the PERFECT date! Your swing looks so much better than mine does. haha! And I have to comment on how cute y'all look color-coordinated! ;o) Praying for your friend right now...

Jenna said...

Too fun and ya'll are TOO cute!!

Ashley said...

So cute! I love golf.. I am going to try to get lessons soon. Chad is a huge golfer! We just love it and it's so beautiful on the course!

I will for sure be praying for your friend. That breaks my heart.... SO BAD! ;(

will stop by her blog for sure and be praying!

Lea Liz said...

Sounds exactly like what Timmy would choose to do on date night!!

Girl, timmy always wants me to go golfing but I can't even hit the ball when I swing!!! haha

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great date night!!! Ya'll are so cute!
And I'm so sad for your friend Sarah - I was reading their blog and she is so cute - my heart just aches for her. For both of them. I can't imagine how they must feel.

Mandi said...

I'm so proud of ya'll for taking time for each other! We need to make a better effort to have date nights.

Praying for Sarah, Ben, and Weslee Faith!

Stuck in the Sticks said...

My husband loves golf too, he's asked me to go to the driving range and I always lovingly decline, next time I'll say yes! Recommend any courses here in NWA? =)

Leah said...

You are so dang lucky to have family there and get date nights!! *jealous* We never get date nights :( Pretty funny Josh chose golf haha

Lyr said...

What a great date night! So awesome!

Milbrodt Milestones said...

I'm proud of you guys for still having dates. So many couples lose sight of those special times when they have children. I think this is so important. That's one reason we love FNO! I think it's great you went with Josh and let him pick what he wanted to do. You're so sweet!