Monday, October 5, 2009

Brody's 1st Birthday Party!

Brody had a WONDERFUL first birthday. I do not think we could have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was perfect for our outside party...it was so sunny and around 70 degrees. The party was perfect, which I am shocked about because I always feel like when I plan something there is a little glitch. And our sweet boy was perfect, but that didn't surprise this momma! :) We had the party in my parent's backyard. They have a great backyard that sits on the golf course, so it is very nice and private (minus the golfers) and is perfect for a party! The party started at 11:00. There were about 25 of us there to help celebrate!

We had chicken chili, beef chili, grilled hot dogs/chili dogs, Fritos (for Frito chili pies), apples and this really good dip for the apples! It was a fall weather kind of meal, and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
These are a picture of the plates, bowls, napkins and silverware. I love putting little things in Mason Jars...I think it is just cute! The banner on the table has his monthly cake pictures in his green chair across it. I made it and it actually turned out cute! Haha! I made these little signs to put in front of each food and drink item to show what they were. The signs are peeled bananas. I thought they turned out cute! We had 3 long tables and one little picnic table for the kids. I just put bananas and framed pictures from Brody's first year on the adult tables and a big bowl of Gold Fish crackers on the kid's table. I put their little treat bags and had each of them a new sippy cup with their bags to use at the party. I also put little apple sauce cups on their table as well so they could have Hot dogs, Gold Fish and apple sauce.

Here is the cake table. I know this is really why y'all have been waiting on this post...for a peak at the cake! :)I had one large cake made as well as a smash cake for Brody. The top square of the large cake was chocolate with chocolate cream icing between the layers. The bottom square was white with butter cream icing between the layers. Both had butter cream icing on the outside. It was SOOOOO good, as well as SOOOO cute! I thought Rick's did a great job on the cakes. My friend I made this past year at Rick's told me she was going to miss me getting a monthly cake. Haha! I told her maybe B and I would come for a monthly cupcake or something. It's sad when the people there know you that well! :)The bowl on the table was filled with little goody bags for the adults. It had small Kit Kats, Reese's Cups and Hersey Bars in them. The sign in front said "Thank you for being here to monkey around and celebrate Brody's 1st birthday with us!"
Here are a few pictures of our little monkey in front of the cake table! He had on a onesie that said "Little Monkey" and he wore his jean jacket, but it got warm so the jacket came off pretty fast!He didn't want to pose for pictures very long...off he went! Brody was hugging on every kid there...especially Shawn! It was so cute!After everyone got there, we ate lunch. Brody had a sippy cup that said "Birthday Boy"
My mom, Julee, and LeslieBaxter, Brandon, Jill and Laurie Chris, Melissa, and Caedmon
Josh, my grandma, and Josh's parents After lunch, we blew up the bouncer for the kids to play on for a little while. They seemed to really enjoy it! We borrowed it from someone my dad works with. Brody even played in their with the big kids. I was surprised at how tough he was!After everyone played, we took Brody inside to change his clothes so he could eat cake. He ate the entire cake!!!! Mom and Julee took him inside and gave him a bath while I cut the big birthday cake! Then it was time to open presents!
Here are all of Brody's gifts from the party! We love each of them and are so thankful for sweet friends and family who are so generous!We were all so tired after the party so we came home to play and rest. That night, I wanted to cook Brody's favorite dinner for him, so I decided to make chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes! Haha! I know he loves all 3 of those, so that is what I made for his birthday dinner! Josh and I ate it also. After dinner, Brody went right to sleep at 7.Josh and I fell asleep about 30 minutes later on the couch during the football game. We woke up at 12:30 and went to bed. We really were so tired, but had such a wonderful and memorable day with our precious ONE year old baby boy!

27 comments:

Todd and Courtney said...

How sweet! I love that cake, what an awesome job that Rick's did! I can't believe Lauren will be 1 on the 29th. We're going to Hilton head Island for her birthday, I can't wait!!

Kyndal said...

Oh, I have been so excited to read about and see pics of his party! So much fun! You did a fantastic job planning. Brody's so lucky to have a mommy and daddy who love him so much!

Jenna said...

What a perfect party it was indeed!! I love every single detail - SO cute and sooooo special! The pictures are awesome - just like the sweet Francis fam!!!

Dawn said...

Jennifer, you are quite the party planner. It looks like ya'll had a great day!

Erin said...

It looks like a great time. That cake looks amazing. He looks like he was tired out after everything. Love all the gifts. A day you will never forget!

The Dorns said...

It look like you all had a great great time. Happy Birthday Brody I am sad you wont have a monthly cake either but I like your moms cupcake idea.

-Mariah

Amy said...

I, too, have been dying to see pictures from the party. :) It looked FANTASTIC! The cake was so cute, and I LOVE the picture banner you made!! What a neat idea to look back as you celebrate such a special day. :)

Heather said...

I think my hormones must be in overdrive because this almost makes me cry! What a sweet, big boy! I LOVE the cake, Jennifer!!! The whole party looks amazing-you did a great job! Enjoy your one-year-old boy! I am off to bed to dream about/remember Connor's first birthday!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

You planned such a great party! I love all of the photos you had on the tables. The banner was such a great idea!!! The party looks like a blast with good food and all. I am so happy to hear everything went perfectly. Oh yeah, and both the cakes were just adorable!

krislyn. said...

Jennifer; My goodness you pulled off a fantastic 1st Birthday for Brody -- every little touch turned out great. And the cake, oh my Rick's did it again -- incredible.

Brody probably doesn't know what hit him! Now you need to start planning how you are going to "up it" for his second birthday! .. Just kidding, enjoy each day with the little precious guy.

Thanks for sharing the day {super cute hair cut!}

Katie said...

Jennifer ~

Everything looked so perfect. I am amazed! Great job, girl.

Your hair is so cute.

Mandi said...

Everything...all of the cute little details, the birthday boy, the weather, and the cake were absolutely perfect for a first birthday party! Your pictures are very cute but I LOVE the pictures of Brody eating cake...he didn't look like an amateur cake eater at all! Brody's momma sure does know how to throw a party!

Summer said...

First off Happy 1st B-Day Brody! Secondly you are so darn creative!!! I loved the banner idea with pictures on it! Super Super cute! The bananas placecards you made were super cute too! I think the party looked very original! I'm glad ya'll had a great time! Brody looked so stinkin cute and those cakes are precious!
To bad we don't have a Rick's Bakery here....
P.S. your hair is super cute....

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Brody! What a cute party he had, I love all the food and decor. It looked like a beautiful day!

Karen

Amy said...

How cute! Everything looked great! Love the idea of the monthly cakes....and Brody is a boy after my own heart for sure...he took that cake down like a champ ;) Thanks for sharing all these precious pictures from your sweet boy's birthday!

Burtons Blessings said...

So cute and creative! I love the monkeys! I guess it is time i start thinking about Boston's 1st birthday party...sigh...

Kari Beth said...

Happy Birthday Brody! What a great party :)

The Stokley Family said...

I found your blog from Kelly's Korner, you have such a cute family! Happy Birthday Brody!

Carri said...

I have been reading your blog since before Brody was born, and I just cannot believe he is 1 already!!! Time goes by so fast. You did such a fantastic job with his party! I LOVE all of the details you thought of...I seriously may copy Brody's party for my son's 1st birthday! Happy Birthday Brody!

The Neffs said...

Looks like Brody had a special 1st Birthday! I really liked the banner you made with the pics. what a cute idea. And the Monkey cake was adorable!

Kathy said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. And that cake is just the bomb!!!

Happy 1st Birthday Brody!!

Katie Spinks said...

love the pictures the party looked fabulous!! now your baby is ONE!! so glad you had a perfect day.

M Oliver said...

Love reading your blog. My son is a few months behind Brody....so I love seeing what will come next! Great job decorating for the party!

Megan said...

Everything looks so good! You did such a great job planning! And he looked extra cute on his birthday! Loved the cake of course!

Heather said...

Hey girl....just thinking about you because I am watching the Duggar's show tonight and they just went to RICK'S BAKERY!!! So I got to see where you get Brody's cakes!!! Love ya!

All About Aleigha said...

Looks like your lil man had a great day. He is a doll.

Lisa said...

you did such a great job momma!!! I had been waiting for you to post pics =) I love all the little details. Of course his cake is amazing!!!! Brody looked like the coolest little dude I have ever seen!!
Happy 1st Birthday Brody!