Saturday, October 24, 2009

BoBo the Giraffe

Several months ago, I asked for name suggestions for Brody's giraffe. We got a lot of suggestions and several that we loved. I really thought we would probably call it LuLu, which was our favorite of the suggested names. We still had not started to call it anything...mainly we referred to it as "your giraffe." We would say things like, "Is that your giraffe?" or "Tell your giraffe nite nite" or "Are you playing with your giraffe?" You get the picture...the thing had no name! Until this week when Brody called it BoBo. We thought it was just a random thing, but he kept calling it Bobo. So, your giraffe now has a name.....Bobo.I really like the name. It's pretty catchy and will be even better when I say BroBro (which is what I call Brody) and Bobo in the same sentence. Can you hear it now..."BroBro is playing in his room with BoBo." Nice little ring to it! I'm sure I will get them confused and they will soon be like siblings. I will call the giraffe BroBro accidentally and then try to get Brody's attention by yelling Bobo across the house. This should be fun! :)

6 comments:

Julee Turner said...

I like that name too!! How cute that he started calling him that on his own! I love how he laughs at BoBo!

Mandi said...

BroBro and BoBo go so nicely together! Love the name!

Summer said...

Sooo cute he named his giraffe! Nice ring to it! :0)

Katie said...

That first picture is ADORABLE! I cannot believe how giant that giraffe is. Haha! Bobo is a perfect name for him - Good job, Brody! ;o)

Ashley said...

AWWW how cute!!!!

Amy said...

Precious! Love BoBo! Funny...it is actually a nickname that we called my brother growing up (he's 30 now) and he HATED it...we still call him that to this day!