Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Blessing Ring and Nap Time

My friend, Katie, showed how to make blessing rings on this post the other day. I have wanted to make one for Brody's baby shower cards (clearly, I'm behind), but wasn't for sure exactly what kind of ring to buy. After I saw what Katie used, I decided to give it a try!

Here is the stack of cards from Brody's baby showers. I did enjoy going back through them and reading them again. It almost made me cry, because I thought back to what a wonderful and exciting time that was in our life. We are still in a wonderful, exciting time, but I think you know what I mean. There really isn't anything like waiting to meet your baby!

Here is the finished product! It was very easy and it went pretty quick since Josh hole punched the cards for me while I stuck them on the ring! :)

I decided to make one for his birthday cards as well. I also put cards from Valentine's Day, Easter, etc, on there since there were not enough of them for their own ring. I used "Happy Birthday" ribbon, polka dot ribbon, and ribbon with birthday candles on it! I also bought an extra ring and some damask black and white ribbon to make one for myself. I keep pretty much every single card I have ever gotten.....I love cards! I thought instead of keeping them in a huge pile, I would make myself one, then I could just add to it as I get cards. :)

This afternoon, I was doing some things around the house and it was Brody's nap time. I was trying to get a few more things done before I put him down and I could tell he was getting tired and he knew it was time for his nap. So what did he do? He crawled to his room and fell asleep at his door. Poor baby! Iguess he was trying to tell me it was time for a nap! I do love that he loves his naps and I love that he knew it was nap time without me even having to put him in his crib. This whole scheduling thing is paying off! :)

14 comments:

Ashley said...

So cute girly! I love the blessing ring. What a great idea!

looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!!!

Julee Turner said...

Those turned out so cute! And Brody's outfit from JuJu is SO cute too!!! I can't believe he fell asleep on the floor by his room. So sweet!

TRM said...

Oh I love that idea! I think I'll make one with my wedding and shower cards. Thanks for sharing.

Summer said...

Cute Blessing Ring! I am in the process of making one after reading Katie's Blog also! You did a great job with them!
How cute is that pic of Brody sleeping by his door!

Mace and Brei said...

That is so precious! Poor, sleepy boy! He is adorable! Love your blessing rings!

Harris Family said...

I am totally stealing your idea and making the blessing ring. A girl from NLR makes them and sells them but she is super busy. I could do that myself!!! Yay for schedules a and napping babies!

Megan said...

I totally need to do that with my wedding cards, and just general cards, I have seen these before but never with all that pretty ribbon! Good idea!

Cindy said...

The blessings rings look great. That picture is just priceless. That is too sweet that he was heading to his room when he just tuckered out. Too sweet!

Erin said...

The blessing rings look great. I really should do that with all of our wedding cards as they are in a bag right now!

Love the pictures of him sleeping by his door!! A memory you will never forget!

Kelly Denise said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kari Beth said...

such a great idea (the blessing ring)! if i can remember, i am definitely going to do that!

Lisa said...

I could just eat him up with that track suit and tennis shoes on!

Heather said...

I remember when Zach fell asleep on the floor. I felt so bad I didn't put him to bed sooner. Now he asks to go to bed :) Gotta Love Baby Wise!

Junda Xu said...

20150721 junda
michael kors watches
replica watches rolex
replica watches for sale
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton sito ufficiale
gucci uk
louboutin
burberry outlet
air force pas cher
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan femme
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors bags
polo ralph lauren
ray bans
kate spade handbags
kate spade new york
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
soccer outlet
jordan shoes uk
pandora jewelry outlet
michael kors handbags
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
polo outlet
soccer shoes
louboutin pas cher
ed hardy uk
air max uk