Friday, September 11, 2009

Whole Milk Bottle

I mentioned in Brody's 11 month birthday post that our pediatrician went ahead and gave us the ok to begin transitioning to whole milk. Brody had started showing signs of weaning during the day, and I really did not want to have to do formula for one month after we made it SO FAR just nursing, so we started whole milk. He usually gets one to two whole milk bottles during the day and then nurses still in the mornings and evenings. We were a little nervous about what he would think about the milk. I figured it tasted a lot different than breastmilk, but he LOVES it. We gave him his first bottle the night of his 11 month birthday. He downed it in less than 3 minutes. I'm so glad he likes milk because I don't drink white milk, I only drink chocolate milk. I know, so healthy and all. I drink the Skinny Cow brand because it's fat free! :) I will use milk in cereal, but the taste of milk in a glass causes me to gag. This was a weird concept for Josh because he always wants milk when he is eating chocolate desserts and I always want diet coke with my chocolate!
I guess he was wanting more milk, because he picked up Josh's empty lemonade cup and started trying to get a drink out of it. Isn't he a cutie??

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

He is absolutely adorable!!

Crystal said...

He is so cute! I just love his little mohawk!

Todd and Courtney said...

oh my he is so darn cute! That's awesome that he loves milk so much!

Heather said...

I did the same thing after nursing Connor for a year- went to whole milk and he never looked back! We never gave him juice (until last year!) so he was a milk-a-holic!!! :)
Are you sad to be almost finished nursing? It was bitter sweet for me!

Kristi said...

so cute. Is he drinking the whole milk straight out of the fridge or do you warm it up some? By the way congratulations on nursing this long.

Lyr said...

I just love his hair!!!

Superchikk said...

We are the same with milk around here. I can't stand it, but Husband loves it. C wouldn't drink it for the longest time. My doctor told me it wasn't a big deal, that he'd eventually start drinking it. And he was right. Now he asks for it!

Leah said...

Such cute pics of your little man drinking his milk!! Will he take milk from a sippy or just bottle? I am really wanting to transition Perri to a sippy when I wean her (she gets a bottle every night of breast milk due to not producing enough at night) but I don't want to do bottles much longer after she's a year. I tried yesterday and today to put breast milk in a sippy and she pitched a HUGE fit, screaming and lashing around. It was out of control. Just wondering if he does?? Also- I remembered a while back about you saying something about reading toddlerwise. How did you like that? Did you read babywise 2 or just the first? I am thinking of getting one of those but not sure which since Perri is 10 months now and Babywise 2 is for 5-15 months?? Haha thanks for the help!!

Reed said...

Jennifer,
He is such a cutie pie;! I love his hair!!! Congrats on nursing so long!
Joni

Melissa said...

I love Skinny Cow Chocolate Milk I have a glass every day! It is awesome and I also have the same feeling about white milk.

Jilly said...

That's great! My little one is going to have to take tips from Brody because even though she'll drink whole milk, she'll only drink it out of a bottle. How to transition to a sippy cup? Oh, dear!

Guy and Julie said...

My husband craves milk with his pizza--and it has to be ice cold, straight from the fridge. I can't pour it and let it sit for a minute while I fix plates. It has to go straight from the fridge to the table. I can't stand milk.

Christa said...

He is too cute!!

Kelly said...

So cute! Yeah for you and being able to breastfeed till 11 months. I only made it 8 months.
I love his hair too!