Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

Since I already blogged about our Friday night, I thought I would fill you in on the rest of our weekend. Saturday was fairly uneventful. We slept in and then, we got ready and went to eat at Chick-Fil-A. I really love that place so much. I got burnt out on it in college because at OBU we only had Chick-Fil-A or the cafeteria to eat at on campus. We had $250 or $300 on our meal card that we could spend at CFA a semester, so needless to say, I ate it like 4 or 5 meals a week! After 4 years of that, I was a little sick of it. After a much needed break, I started back eating it at the beginning of the year and it is my very favorite fast food place. They seriously have the best food and sweet tea and they also love Jesus. Sweet tea and Jesus all in one stop is a pretty good deal to me!
We took two cars to eat so Josh could head to disc golf after lunch while Brody and I went shopping. We hit up TJMaxx, Old Navy and Forever 21. I got 3 cute dress (I bought the one above in 2 different colors because I loved it so much), 2 necklaces, and a cocktail ring and only spent $55. I thought I did pretty good! After we got home from disc golf and shopping, we grilled burgers and watched football. I love football, but I get really bored sitting on the couch for hours and hours, so Julee and I went to Starbucks and Walgreens at 9:30 because we needed to get out of the house. Both husbands were glued to their tvs and probably didn't notice we left them! :)
This morning we went to church service, and then attended trainning for the new 10:55 Service at our church. Josh and I are a part of a group of 100 people who are going to begin this a new service at our church on September 27th. We are so excited about it and look forward to seeing how God works through us! I will share more about it closer to the kick-off, but if you live in our area and are interested, HERE is the website for it. It's going to be really awesome! We have never done anything like this and I'm not usually one to step out of my comfort zone, but we have just felt so lead to do this. We really are so thrilled to be a part of it!
Brody destroyed the house this afternoon by getting into the bibs, blanket and burp cloth drawer. I told someone the other day that he is so quiet when he is making messes. I should know by now that silence equals trouble! This evening, we went over to my parent's house for dinner. My dad let Brody sit on the refridgerator so he could see everything. Don't worry! He kept his hands on him! My mom has taught Brody how to call the Hogs so when he was up there, she started to call the Hogs and he sat up and raised his little arms up! It's too cute! I have to get it on video. (If you are not from Arkansas and you have no idea what I am talking about then don't worry. It's an Arkansas thing!)Brody exhausted himself and fell asleep while my mom was holding him. Look how he put his sweet arm around her neck. He doesn't fall asleep when I hold him much, but he usually always will when my mom does. It must be a Gigi thing! He was so past out. He didn't even flinch when Josh picked him up and put him in his carseat! My boy and me...ready to head home!We put him in his crib when we got home and he scooted over and propped his head on his bumper to sleep. I guess he felt like he needed a pillow! Haha!

7 comments:

Julee Turner said...

These are the cutest pics of my little man! Seriously one of the sweetest pics of Gigi and Brody!!

Emily said...

Aw, he's so sweet!

I've only had CFA once in my life.. I keep meaning to go back, but never do. I need to make a point to try them again.

Crystal said...

I love CFA too and we have one right around the corner, so end up there a lot! That little Brody is too cute!

Megan said...

So exciting about the new church service! Good for you to step out of your comforto zone, I know that is hard for me to do! You will have to know how the new service goes!

Lyr said...

I love the picture with him up on the fridge... so funny!

amyj said...

Jennifer, I just surfed into your blog from Kelly's Korner and wanted to say hi. You came to my house a while back for a shower for Ryan and Sarah. Brody is so cute and I love how you do the monthly birthday party. I would be so FAT!! :) Take care, Amy James

Our Family of 5 said...

Visiting from Kelly's blog.... your son is adorable! Where did you buy that dress you have pictured? It is so cute :) Good deals too!