Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Dinner Recipe

Kelly is hosting a tour of your favortie dinner recipes! This is my "go to" dinner recipe for the fall. I love to eat all kinds of chilis and soups during the cool fall months, but this is by far my favorite recipe! It is so easy and so yummy! I usually keep several jars of it frozen so that I can have it as often as I like during the cozy fall and winter nights. We usually have it a couple nights a week!
Cowboy Chili

1 Whole chicken or 4 chicken breasts (I use chicken breasts. Much easier !)
3 cans of chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 can yellow corn
1 small can of tomato sauce
1 jar of Thick-n-Chunky Salsa (I use mild salsa)
1 pack of taco seasoning

Boil and cut up chicken. Rinse and drain beans and corn. Mix all ingredients together in large pot, bring to boil, let simmer 30 minutes. ( I mix it in my crockpot and then turn it on low and let it simmer all day. It really helps the chili taste good and seasoned!)I make corn muffins and put one in the bottom of the bowl, then add the chili on top. Then I top that with a little sour cream and shredded cheese. It's so good!!!

We had some friends from church over for dinner tonight and I made this to eat. Everyone seemed to really like it. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure and check out all the other great recipes that are linked on Kelly's Blog!

16 comments:

Heather said...

I love new chili recipes!! I am praying for cooler weather in houston soon cause I am craving some chili right now! This looks yummy!!

Emily said...

Oh yum! This looks good and sounds better than the plain ole chili I am use to making! Thanks for sharing.

Leigh said...

That looks yummy! I can't wait for fall!! We are gearing up for the big game on Saturday - GO HOGS!! With all the away games we have in October, we will need some good fall recipes for staying home and watching them on tv! This looks like a good one for that!! Also, we are looking forward to the 10:55 service in a few weeks. We used to attend that one until it stopped a few years ago and we have been kind of church hopping between our parent's churches since then. So it will be nice to be back! Hopefully, we'll see you there!! Thanks for the great recipe!!

Our Family of 5 said...

This looks so good! Thanks for the recipe!

Summer said...

Yummy! My husband loves chili and spicy food so I think he will love this.... I am sooo snagging your reciepe....
Thanks :0)
Summer

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing this... it sounds so good!! Writing it down now!

Crystal said...

This sounds so yummy! I think I might make it this weekend.

Ashley said...

This looks and sounds amazing, however I might have to wait month (or two) before I make it. Living in Phoenix it is not possible to have Chili when it is still 105 outside LOL!!!

Jenna said...

That sounds yummy! I'm going to have to make it!

Jill said...

Yum! I love Cowboy Chili! I am craving it now!

Annie said...

Yum! Looks good. I am ready for 'fall food'....I think that I am burnt out on summer food on the grill! I'm going to try this!

Katy said...

I am glad that you re-posted this reciepe! I always have to go back through your archives to find it when I am craving it! :)

darnold23 said...

Sounds really good. You should link it to this week's Crock Pot Wednesday. Mister Linky is still open for this week. Brody is getting so big! Can't believe the big 1 is already at hand:)

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

Thanks for this recipe. It looks so yummy! I love chili in the Fall:)

Ashley said...

I adore chili and have been waiting for cooler weather(about as cool as it can get in MS). This looks delcious! Thank you for sharing!

Heather said...

So, I am making this for Dinner tonight because I am short on time today. Thanks for sharing!