Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Crawl and Date Night

Brody started crawling right around his 7 month birthday. It wasn't a pretty crawl, but more like a scoot. We thought within a few weeks he would start crawling like "normal". Well, we soon realized normal was going to be an army crawl, so for the past 4 months he has looked like a little GI Joe. It really is so cute and he gets around SO fast! I had just decided that he would always army crawl and then, eventually walk.
Well, this morning he was army crawling around the house and then, he just started crawling like normal! I couldn't believe my eyes! He did it most of the day. I was so proud of him for finally figuring out how to crawl on his own, but I will miss that army crawl if he decides to no longer get around that way!
video
Tonight, Josh and I went on a little date. He text me this afternoon and told me my mom was coming to get Brody after work so that we could spend some time together. It was super sweet! We usually try to go out at least once a week and have a conversation at dinner that isn't interrupted by someone throwing green beans at us or talking and jabbering so loud that we cannot even hear each other speak, although we do enjoy eating with Brody! :) My mom came and picked Brody up after she left work and took him to their house. Josh and I went to eat tacos at one of our favorite places. Then, we sat on Dickson Street and people watched. I felt like an old person doing that, but there is such a variety of people on Dickson that it is fun just to sit and watch people walk by. (Seriously, I just typed that and realized we sound really boring, but I promise we are fun people! Haha!)
When I took this picture Josh was saying through his teeth, "This is so embarrassing that you take my picture all the time. This is so dumb. Why do you always take pictures? I'm just sitting here" Hahahaha!! I told him to get over it! I promise we love each other! :)

After we sat and watched people for a while, we walked down to a little coffee shop and I got the best hot chocolate! Doesn't it look so yummy?? I really am so thankful that my parents live in the same town as us so that Josh and I can spend some quality time together when we need it. I don't think Brody minds that he gets to spend a few hours with Gigi and Big Daddy at the same time!

10 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Loved your blog ....came from Kelly's blog....enjoyed reading some past posts....couple of hours to blog hop this afternoon...Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...There is a great giveaway drawing on Oct 1...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Summer said...

Hi,
I have seen your blog before but never commented. I think it is sooo cute... I found it through Kelly's Korner and Katie's Keeper's.... Anywho gooo Brody on the "real" crawl! My little girl now almost 3 never "real" crawled she scooted and then just walked! My hubby is the same way when I take pics of him in public... He thinks I'm a dork... Ha! Ha! I'm gonna become a follower... I love your blog...
Summer :0)

Crystal said...

Sounds like you guys had a nice date night! Everytime I come to work on Monday and I tell my co-workers about my weekend, I always stop to think "man we sound old and boring", but we always have a good time. My fiance is the same way about pictures too. I believe it is in the blood...Ha. Glad Brody started to "real" crawl!

pinkpolkadotaa said...

You're so lucky you have family close by to babysit. Our family lives so far away we rarely get date nights! You have such an adorable little boy.

Melissa said...

Glad you had a great date night. I love hot chocolate and it looks so good! Perfect for a rainy cool night in AR. Your Brody is adorable!

Megan said...

What a cute little crawler!! I love that you and Josh take time each week to go on a date just the two of you. It is so important! I hope that Luke and I are able to do that when we add a little one to the mix! And it cracks me up what Josh was saying when you took that picture. You guys remind me so much of me and Luke. I wish we lived closer the 4 of us would have a great time together! :-)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

How cute!! He's really good at it already! And how nice to have a date night...we love to people watch, too...so I know what you mean! :)

Kristi said...

What a super sweet husband. Good for yal for not feeling guilty about leaving Brody and getting out eacch week. Ben and I are going out tonight by ourselves for the first time since May. Sad, I know, but I always feel guilty about leaving 2 babies with someone, and I hate to split them up. But I am so excited about tonight!

His Doorkeeper said...

Brody's got the crawl down pat now!! So cute! I want you to know it is very important that you have a date night every chance you get! Besides, I bet your parents love taking care of Brody! Don't feel you are being selfish because the very best thing you can do for Brody is for you and Josh to love each other and that love will spill out all over Brody's life and he will be so secure!

Love to people-watch too! I do that at Razorback games all the time! That hot chocolate looks great! I love it because I am not a coffee drinker!
Blessings!

Harris Family said...

SO fun! I could sit and people watch on Dickson for hours! I wish we lived near my parents...maybe one day!