Wednesday, September 9, 2009

MOPS


This morning, Brody and I went to our first MOPS meeting at church. It was a lot of fun! Brody played in the nursery while I went to the meeting. Today, our topic was "Motherhood: The Fashion Frontier". The lady who spoke to our group has her own fashion consulting business. Basically, she comes to your house, goes through your closet and gets rid of things that are not fashionable or that you don't need in your wardrobe, then she makes a list of the essential pieces you need that fit your style and goes and buys them based on your clothing budget. She then takes digital pictures of outfits matched up for you so that you basically just walk in your closet and put something on. She gave us some really fun tips about fall clothing as well as tips from places she shops. I felt like I learned some things and I am very ready to get rid of the ugly stuff in my closet and get some cute fall/winter pieces!! I think someone needs to hire her for me. (Hint!Hint!....Christmas gift!! ) :)This picture is of us after MOPS. He was constantly moving so he could stay awake! He was tired after his fun time in the nursery so he went down early for a nap after lunch. Oh and remember how crazy I told you he was in the nursery Sunday? Yeah, well when I picked him up they told me he was so good and that he was all over the room! Haha! Told you!

After Brody wakes up from his nap, we have some errands to run including the bank, post office, Walmart and the eye doctor's clinic to pick-up some contacts I had ordered on Friday at my yearly exam. I realized that I never blogged about Brody's first eye exam from Friday. I made my yearly exam appointment for this past Friday and also asked if I could make an appointment for Brody since my doctor's clinic does InfantSEE exams for newborn to one year olds. They happened to have two openings back-to-back, so Brody and I got to have our eye exams together! It went really well. She checked Brody's eyes first while I held him (which is why the waiting room is the only pic we have), then she put drops in to dilate his eyes. While they dilated, he played on the floor and she checked my eyes. Once she finished with my exam she checked his eyes again after they had dilated. I laughed so hard at him when his eyes were dilated. They were like black saucers! He has really dark eyes anyway and when his pupil was extra large, it made them look even darker. His eyes are healthy and his vision is good so we are very thankful for that!

10 comments:

The Neffs said...

Oh fun! I hope you enjoyed MOPS! I heart MOPS! I can't wait till ours starts later this month! Ginger

The Allens said...

We had our first MOPS meeting last week. I am very excited about MOPS. I kept waiting to have a kid so I could join! HA! What was the name of your speaker and her company?

Lyr said...

Love his hair!!!

darnold23 said...

Emily had the wardrobe lady come. I think she got rid of 2/3 rds of the closet. It is amazing. Definitely a treat. Should I hint to Josh?

Julee Turner said...

I LOVE That picture of you two! So good!! And I love that bulldog shirt that his JuJu gave him! :)

Lindsey said...

stop holding out.....tell me what you learned!!! :)

Harris Family said...

What a fun MOPS!!! I need that lady NOW!

Jenna said...

I want that lady to come to my house!! She would have her work cut out for her, that is for sure. You and Brody are SO cute in that picture!!!

Karen said...

MOPS sounds like such a great group. We have one in our area and am looking forward to joining once our little girl gets here!

Karen

Heather said...

I need that girl to come to my house and go through my closet! ALthough that might be embarrassing! Your little boy is so cute!