Friday, September 25, 2009

It's a GIRL!

Ok so before you think you missed something, I am NOT the one having the baby! My friend Heather is and last night I got to go to the gender party at their house! It was soooooo fun!
Heather and Jonathan (I forgot to take a pic of them last night so I found an older one) had their 20 week ultrasound yesterday afternoon, but they kept the gender of the baby a secret until the party last night! All of their family and a few friends met over at the house around 9. Heather had made all these cute little boy/girl snacks but we were all so nervous that none of us could eat them! Haha!

We picked to either be on Team Girl or Team Boy. I chose Team Girl because I have had a girl feeling ever since Heather told me she was pregnant. We were on even teams of 7 and each person was given a card to open. We went back and forth between the two teams opening cards. One person from the boy team would read a card, then one person on the girl team would read a card. Each card had a "family number fact" on their that would tell us how many points the team got. For instance, one of the boy cards said, "the baby is due one day after daddy's birthday. One point", so the boy team got one point.

We went back and forth until the very last card, which I happened to have. The score was 26 for the girl and 28 for the boy. I knew that all my card needed was 2 points and they were having a girl so as soon as I opened it I squealed because I saw this.....

I knew it meant GIRL!!!!!!!
This was very exciting for Jonathan's side of the family since this will be the first girl! Jonathan has 4 brothers and no sisters and then Zachary is the only grandchild on the Schisler side of the family, so after 6 boys there is FINALLY going to be a girl!

Here was the final score on the board! It was such a cute and fun game! Jonathan thought of the game himself. It takes a technical mind to come up with something like that!! Haha!

In all the excitement I didn't get once picture of Heather or Jonathan or Zachary. Haha! It was so fun and I was so excited to be a part of it. I can't wait for baby girl to get here in February!

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun game!! That was such a great way to tell people what they are expecting!

The Allens said...

That is a really good idea - I've never heard of a gender party.

Christa said...

What a neat idea!! I will def. have to remember the gender party idea! Sounds like so much fun!

Todd and Courtney said...

Ok I am sooooo doing a gender party when we have another one. What an awesome idea!

The Stokes Family said...

That is such a good idea! How cute.

Lea Liz said...

What a cute idea!!!!!! I want to do this for my next one :)

Pineapple Princess said...

OMGoodness! That is seriously the CUTEST game I've ever heard of to announce a baby's gender! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Your son is absolutely adorable, by the way!!

Have a great weekend!!

Pineapple Princess said...

Oh, I'm a new follower! So fun!

nancy said...

What a fun idea!

Elle Squared said...

What an adorable idea for a party! Great blog :)

Erin said...

ok I love this idea . . I want to hear more about it so I can do it in a few weeks when we find out the sex of the baby!!!

Kyndal said...

Precious party. Have never been to or even heard about one of those! And the game is genius. Maybe next time around...

Emily said...

Congrats to your friend!!!

I love that game..... such a neat idea.

(HA HA! My word verification this time is "farded")

Ashley said...

OHH!!! I am SOO HAPPY FOR HER! I just met her at MOPS the other day and she is PRECIOUS! ;) So glad they are having a boy.. that family has so many boys! ;) TOO CUTE! Loooking forward to seeing you soon! ;)

Mandi said...

What a fun idea! I love suspense...sometimes. :)

Summer said...

What a cute idea... The party looked like sooo much fun... I love the pink and blue chocolate candies.... Very cute....
Summer :0)

Jenna said...

That is the funnest idea ever!!! Congrats to your sweet friends!

Heather said...

That is the SWEETEST idea ever! Congrats to Heather!

Harris Family said...

That is a fun idea!