Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall Fun

It has been BEAUTIFUL here this week and has felt sooooo good outside! I love that it is cooling off and starting to feel like fall. Fall is my VERY FAVORITE season. I love football, cool weather, and the beautiful colors of the trees. I love eating warm, comfort food. I love wearing sweaters and boots (which I busted out a pair of boots yesterday and it made my day!) I love Thanksgiving...it's my favorite holiday! I just love so many things about this time of year!

Also, every milestone in mine and Josh's life together has occurred in the fall, so I love that fall is a celebration time for us, too! We started dating 9 years ago this month. We were engaged 3 years ago this month. We got married 2 years ago this November. And this Saturday, will be our baby boy's first birthday! Lots of fun times in our family during the fall!

I put out a few fall decorations this past week. I still have some things in the attic, but they haven't been brought down yet! Hint Hint husband!


Maybe sometime after this weekend, I will get a few more things up. I don't even know what I have in the attic. It's always a surprise when I get things down because I don't remember things from year to year! :)
Brody loves playing the drums on our new pumpkin. Allison, please don't let Baxter see this picture because then he really will want to get B a drum set for his birthday! Haha!
I don't like denim with denim, but I wanted to try his new jean jacket on him this morning! His shirt says, "irresistible".....so true!!Brody got in a little fight with the scarecrow....... And he won!
We are busy getting things ready for Brody's party on Saturday! Hope y'all are having a wonderful week!
What is your favorite thing about the fall??

15 comments:

Karen said...

Your fall decor is so cute! I love the orange mums, I always get excited for what color mums I want to decorate my porch with each year and you have inspired me to go with orange this year. It just really says Fall to me. Love the pumpkins on the candle holders, great idea!!

Karen

Aishlea and Brandon said...

Love your decorations and love your blog!

Your dating story sounds so similar to mine...dated for 8 years before being engaged! Well, you weren't dating THAT long but still....a long time! :)

Your baby boy truly is irresistible!

The Janacek's said...

That is so cute of Brody! Fall is my favorite season too! I love the cooler weather and the smell of pumpkin spice! yum! I have to say we have the same thing with the milestone in September! We met, got engaged, got married..now we are hoping we will soon find if we conceived! Lets just say it would be awesome to add to our milestones together! Also, your decor its funny I have both those punkins in the corner and the glass plate one too! Well I hope Brody has a great birthday!

Sandi

Mandi said...

Fall is my favorite, too. I wish we had more of it here in FL! Great decorations and I love the pictures of Brody with the pumpkin.

Have fun getting ready for the party. :) Can't wait to see pictures of your little monkey's first birthday!

Mandi said...

Oh...I love fall leaves, cooler air, bright blue sky, and pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks!

Amanda said...

Fall is my fav too! I am going to get my mums, pumpkins, and the rest of my decor out tomorrow! I am so happy October is here. I may even have to have a Pumpkin Spice latte while I buy my mums! ha!

Kelly said...

I just wrote about fall too!!! And I busted out the boots yesterday - yeah so happy!
Brody looks so grown up in his jacket - he is TOO cute!
We got married in November too - I loved having a fall wedding!

Jennifer said...

You have many reasons to love this season! Those pictures are adorable!! :) Fall is my favorite season... I love the 'cozy' feeling fall seems to bring!

MomApoo said...

I love fall and boots! And I don't think there is a way to get around Bro getting something loud if Baxter has anything to do with it!

We are excited for Saturday. Hope the little guy is feeling better!

Heather said...

I LOVE fall for all the reasons you said! I am so excited about wearing boots too!! :)
Can't WAIT to see the cake and all the pics from Brody's b-day! What a special time!

Ashley said...

Everything is just beautiful girl! Love the decor! And Brody- A DOLL BABY in the pics! ;) So precious!

How exciting! Fall is such a good time for you! I love this time of the year too, it's so nice to have this season after the long summer...

Praise God for these beautiful seasons in life! ;)

Amy said...

I love fall too! The boots are definitely high on my list...along with layering! =) Your little Brody looks like a rockstar - he is TOO cute! Where did you get the precious shoes with his name on them - I love them!!

PHARES CAUSEY said...

You are a true artist Jennifer! I am getting my pumpkins this weekend and cannot wait! Is Brody going to "carve" a pumpkin this year?!

Rennae said...

Hi Jennifer, I am delurking to ask you a question which is not at all related to this post. I was wondering about the stroller and car seat you use. I saw in another post you have the travel system and was wondering how you found them to use. I live in Australia and these type of systems are very new out here and very expensive. My sister lives in the US and I am thinking about having her ship me one. Any information you could offer would be appreciated. I love you blog and have enjoyed reading it for a few months now. Thank you in advance.

Once upon a time with the U's said...

Hi there! I saw your blog through Kelly's and enjoy reading about both of you...you seem a lot like me! I was wondering if that is Brody's name sewn into his shoes? If so, where did you find them? They are so cute! By the way, I love the jean jacket- I got my son the same one!