Thursday, September 3, 2009

Brody's First Haircut


I finally agreed that Brody's little mullet/rat tail needed to go, so Julee came over to the house and gave our baby his first haircut last night!! I didn't cry, but I sure wanted to by the end. I felt like she cut his hair and then, he turned into a big boy. I kept second guessing myself after it was cut, but I know it looks so much better. And plus, it's just hair, so it will grow back and probably fast! The picture above is from yesterday morning. You can tell he had a lot of hair on top! (Don't you love the popped collar? Josh is going to be mad at me when he sees this picture! Ha!)He is very serious about his hair looking good. He doesn't go far without his hairspray! :)

Here are a few pics from last night!

It was a little long in the back!

I thought the rat tail was pretty awesome! Haha!

He wasn't the best client for Julee. Part of the problem was that is was close to his bedtime and the other part of the problem is that he just cannot sit still!

All 3 of us trying to hold him down. I love this picture!


My sad face because he had his hair cut.

This is the finished product...It looks sooo cute!

Julee showing Brody all his hair she cut off.

Don't worry....I saved it! Haha!

13 comments:

Julee Turner said...

I love this post. And I was so honored to give him his first cut and I hope that I get to give him all of his hair cuts for a very long time!! It was so fun!! I am just glad he doesn't have a rat tail anymore! HA!!

Kelly said...

Harper says she can't wait for our lunch because Brody is a HUNK! Especially with his new hair cut!
He's soooo cute! Happy 11 months!

Heather said...

He looks precious!! Connor's hair was the SAME way at that age...curls and a rat tail in back. I cried (and so did my husband-SWEAR!) when he got it cut and turned into a "big boy!" In fact, it still pricks my heart a little each haircut now because he just keeps looking bigger and bigger!
Brody is SO CUTE!!!!!

Mandi said...

Brody is cute no matter what kind of hairdo he's sporting, but I do like the new haircut. :)

Gail said...

Brody is a cutie!
Did you save a little piece of his hair for his baby book?

One way that I got my little guys to sit still for their first haircuts ( and beyond!) was to give them their first safety sucker- I remember how 'mesmerized' they were with it- they sat so still and perfect for those haircuts! The key was to only give them for that occassion and it worked like a charm.

God bless!

Megan said...

So cute! I love the picture of all three of you holding him down!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love this post and the pictures are GREAT....I had a few hours to blog hop tonight.

Hope you will stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There is a great giveaway this week. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Katie Spinks said...

he is such a cutie love the hair cut!!

Harris Family said...

How cute can a little man be?!?! Where did you get his monogrammed shoes?!?! Those are super cute!!!

Karen said...

What a cutie, I love the litte baby hair all over the table. He is precious!

Karen

Josh and Kate said...

Those pictures are precious. Isn't it funny how within a few seconds they start looking so big after the first hair cut. He's looking SO cute, as always!

Superchikk said...

It's amazing how a little haircut instantly makes them look like a big boy, isn't it? You're right - it will grow back and you'll need another haircut soon enough. Good job, Julee! Brody's a handsome boy anyway, but that haircut is super cute on him!

Jennifer said...

Aww.. he is adorable!! So neat that you have great pictures of this memory... his first haircut. It looks great, in my opinion!