Thursday, September 24, 2009

10 Honest Things About Me!

One day last week, my friend, Terri, tagged me to post 10 Honest Things About Myself. I thought today would be a good day to share since I didn't have much to blog about! 1. I don't like to get dressed up. I know it's weird, but I just don't think of myself as very girly. I would live in workout clothes, a ponytail and no make-up if I thought I could. In college, I probably wore jeans and t-shirts and no make-up 3 days a week. But on the other hand, once I am dressed-up and have make-up on, I like it. I just don't like the process of getting there!

2. I had a c-section with Brody and I secretly hoped I was going to have one. I know that sounds horrible, but I was just so nervous about having a normal delivery. I was so surprisingly calm going into my c-section. The nurses and anesthesiologist kept telling me they had never seen anyone so calm during their first c-section. I just had such a peace about it and it really was a wonderful experience under the circumstances.

3. I love to stay up late and sleep in. I wish so badly I was a morning person. I want to be one, but I'm just not. I usually get up at 6:30 or 7 in the mornings and it is painful every morning. Maybe one day I will enjoy getting up early!

4. Josh and I chose not to put a TV in our bedroom when we got married. During our pre-martial counseling, our pastor encouraged us not to put a TV in the bedroom for our first year of marriage. He said it would encourage conversation at night. So we tried it. We ended up pregnant within 8 weeks. I guess that's what happens when you have no other entertainment in the room. :) We still don't have a TV in our room after almost 2 years because we really enjoy just talking at night before we go to sleep. Some couples think we are crazy and that's fine. It's what works for us. And if you are wondering if Josh really likes that we don't have a TV in the room, he does. He is usually the first to tell our friends who are getting married not to put a TV in their bedroom!

5. I like to clean and organize things, especially when I am stressed. I think it just relieves my stress if I put my focus on something else. Plus, I always love when I am finished! I also have an obsession with organizational containers. I sometimes just buy cute containers and then will have to find something to put in it. I always have extra containers that are not be used in case I just randomly come across something that needs to be organized or stored. When I was pregnant and couldn't sleep, I would just get up and clean out closets or cabinets. It really is like a hobby for me!

6. I bite my nails like crazy. I can't even remember when it started but I think I was around 5, which means I have been doing it for 19 years. I stopped once after we got married, but then I started back up again after a few weeks. It drives me nuts but I do it without realizing I am even biting them!

7. I count the number of swipes of deodorant I put under my arms each morning. They have to be an even number, and they have to be the same number on both sides or I have to start over. For instance, if I put 4 swipes under one arm and then did 5 under the other, I would either start over or make it 6 on each side so they were even. I count while I swipe and it makes me so mad because Josh knows that, so when I get ready in the mornings, he will say random numbers out loud to try and throw me off. It's a weird OCD thing I think! Haha! I think he and my college roomie were the only two people that knew this until now!

8. I don't really like to have dessert after meals. I always do though when we have people over or when people make it and I feel obligated to eat it. I feel like I can't enjoy the dessert if I have just stuffed myself with food. I love sweets but we just aren't the type to have dessert after a meal. I can count on one hand the number of times Josh and I have ordered dessert together at a restaurant in our 9 years of being together. I would rather eat it a few hours after I eat my meal. If dessert ever comes with my meal, I always take it home.

9. I like to fall asleep on the couch on Friday nights. It's seriously the weirdest habit ever, but I have been doing it my whole life. My favorite thing is to get on the couch around 10 or 10:30 on Friday nights and fall asleep. Then I wake myself up after a couple of hours and go to bed. I have done this as long as I can remember, and now I even have Josh in the habit of doing it as well. If you ever wonder what we are doing late on Friday nights, we are probably sleeping on our sectional!

10. I can't use nasal spray because it makes me throw up. As soon as I shoot it up my nose, I am over the toilet. It's the weirdest thing, but all those things are connected and when I feel the spray in the back of my throat, it causes me to get sick. Same thing with prescription eye drops. They get in the back of my throat and it makes me sick. The first time that happened, I called my mom at work and told her I thought I was being poisoned inside our house because the back of my throat was burning. I was so convinced there was poison in our house, that I went and sat on the front porch until the burning stopped. I think I was in middle school! Haha!

If you feel like doing 10 Honest Things About Yourself, then consider yourself tagged! :)

23 comments:

Haley said...

I have a weird OCD thing about deodarant also. I have to smell it before I put it under each arm pit. My husband thinks I'm crazy and tries to take it away before I can smell it :) And I think no tv in the bedroom is awesome!!

Michelle Carney said...

hahahahaahaha... love that you shared about the D.O. I think you were a little off on your count, though... it's more like 12-16 swipes AND i would know being the old roomie!!! i just love you and miss you!!

Summer said...

Oh tat is soooo funny... I can't believe I am about to admit this but I have the same OCD habit with the Deodorant.... It's good to know I am not alone on this one... I have to have the same swipes on each side... Ha Ha
Thanks for sharing.... :0)
Summer

Julee Turner said...

I have no doubt now that you are FOR SURE O.C.D! I have always thought it bc you clean all the time but this counting your deodrant swipes makes me positive! HA! :)

Kelly said...

These things were all hilarious and interesting. I'm a little OCD myself so I can appreciate a lot of this.

Jill said...

I had no idea about the counting your deo and I am your SISTER! Hahaha!!
I agree with Julee, you are very O.C.D. but I love that about you!

Todd and Courtney said...

That is so funny about the OCD thing. I count lines. It's weird and OCD, ha :) Like on a digital clock, I know how many lines make up each number. WACKO!

Heather O'Dell said...

Hi, I have stopped by your blog a few times. I enjoy reading about your cute family! My husband, David, and I have never had a TV in our room either and we have been married almost 8 years! I think it's great! I agree with the nasal thing too, gross! Happy almost Friday!

Jilly said...

These are hil-arious!

Jenna said...

I am NOT a morning person either. I wish I could sleep in til' 10 but B is an early riser like his dad. Sigh.

Amy said...

Hi...I have really enjoyed reading your blog. These ten honest things cracked me up! I am with you on the organizational bins...I call them "tubs" I love them! I sometimes judge a store based on their selection of "tubs." I basically collect them until I can find something to put in them. Right after we got married and moved into our house, my husband went to the Kroger and called me to tell me how much I would love it bc they had an aisle full of tubs!

Megan said...

Ok, don't your arm pits get raw from all the swiping?!?!?! HAH! I think its funny that you say you are not very girly because you seem so girly to me. You always look so cute! And we didn't have a TV in our bedroom for the first 6 months and then we got 2 new TVs for Christmas so we put one in our room. Funny thing is we hardly ever turn it on, I guess we got used to not having one in there! I like to have one in there if I am ever alone at night though. And I completely agree about the dessert thing.

Erin said...

ha ha like learning more about you. I wish cleaning made me less stressed. I hate cleaning and with a 2 year old running around I never find the time to clean.

Falling asleep on the couch is nice but I always wake up cold.

Heather said...

Wow- we are ALOT alike!!! I loved reading these....and love that about the TV! That is really wise advice and says a lot about you guys and your marriage!

Laura and Ryan said...

I just found your blog and on a good post! You are too cute with the deodorant! I love what you said about the tv. We don't have one in our room either and I love our talks at night. It is such a sweet time.

Dawn said...

Hey Jennifer! I am trying out the blog thing so I thought I would leave a comment. I like your list above, it's always interesting learning new things about people. Hope your family of 3 is doing well :)

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Our babies are getting so big!! I am totally with you on #1. I used to bite my nails until I put on some clear fingernail polish and didn't realize it was the "nail bitten" polish..in other words it leaves a HORRIBLE taste in your mouth for a couple days! It totally worked for me and I wasn't even trying to stop..haha. Email me at sarascott8704@yahoo.com--we need to get the kiddos together!

PHARES CAUSEY said...

That is hillarious Jennifer! I come from an OCD family so I can definately relate to the deodorant #, but if anything I am exactly like number 5! What is it with those containers?! I have a container with a whole bunch of containers... If I buy anymore I have to hide them. It gets obsessive but when you find those markers or napkin ring holders, etc., you have something for them!

Jenna said...

10 more reasons to love ya!

blackwellfam said...

You are too funny! The deoderant swipe things is my favorite!

P.S. Brody is stinkin' cute!

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Here's the funny thing - I do so many of these. The two that stick out the most: I have bitten my nails to the quick since 3rd grade & somehow I just knew I would have a scheduled c-section & was excited about it. That may be from the OCD/planning problem that I have . . .

Can't wait to see pics of Brody's b-day!

Junda Xu said...

20150721 junda
michael kors watches
replica watches rolex
replica watches for sale
michael kors outlet
coach outlet store online
louis vuitton sito ufficiale
gucci uk
louboutin
burberry outlet
air force pas cher
oakley sunglasses outlet
jordan femme
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin
ralph lauren polo shirts
michael kors bags
polo ralph lauren
ray bans
kate spade handbags
kate spade new york
louis vuitton
coach outlet store online
soccer outlet
jordan shoes uk
pandora jewelry outlet
michael kors handbags
gucci handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
coach factory outlet
polo ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses sale
michael kors handbags
tory burch outlet
polo outlet
soccer shoes
louboutin pas cher
ed hardy uk
air max uk

roba. gad3 said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-8.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-7.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-6.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-5.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-4.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/tiles-polishing-companies-17.html