Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thank You and Sonic Date

First, thank you so much for praying for our family last week. I cannot even begin to tell you have much that meant to us. It truly is what got us through the week. As difficult as the week was, it was also a wonderful time spent with our family. We talked, shared stories, looked through old pictures (embarrassing pics that Josh had NEVER seen until then), and enjoyed time together. As challenging as it was, there was such a peace over my grandmothers house. I know that only came from God, so thank you!

My grandma commented several times last week and many times since then that Brody helped her get through the week. I think he helped us all so much. She told me on the phone the other night that she knew I was not planning on getting pregnant with him, but she knew that God knew we would need him in our family and we really do. He was the BEST thing for our family last week. Anytime I got upset, I could just look at that sweet face and everything seemed better. He was VERY entertaining and so incredibly well behaved. We were so blessed with a good, happy baby. He enjoyed himself as well because he got all kinds of attention and all kinds of desserts. I swear, every time I walked into the kitchen, he was begging for a bite of someones' food. I don't even want to know what all he ate last week. It would give me a total panic attack. I had to ask people to stop feeding him at some points because I was afraid he was going to explode! :)

Speaking of eating....Brody and I went on a little Sonic date today. I have always loved Sonic dates. Jill and I used to go in the afternoons in high school, since we rode to and from school together. In college, I loved going on Sonic dates with my friends in the afternoons. When Josh and I dated, we would always go on the weekends. Sonic is just better when you have someone to share it with you! We went this afternoon and got a snack...some fries and a diet coke. I put a towel down in his bedroom and we played and ate our fries. He also had a few sips of diet coke. He is so sneaky now that he can drink out of a straw. You can tell by these pics that he was loving our snack!

Look at those little hands reaching for the fries. So sweet!

17 comments:

Jill said...

Great pics of the sweet little man! He does love his diet coke and fries...wonder who he got that from?! He looks so big in the last picture! I just love him so much!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

I LOVE the picture of him drinking out of the cup--priceless! So glad to hear that your famliy is coping with the loss. My Grandpa died the day after I had Lilly and she really did help us get through the whole situation...God knows what he is doing! Brody is such a doll (I know I say that every time I post).

Heather said...

You know I LOVE a Sonic date!!!! :) Glad you and your family are hanging in there...

Todd and Courtney said...

so happy you updated! We've been thinking and praying for you all. Love the new pictures of Brody, he's so darn cute!

Jilly said...

What a sweet and special time between you and that cutie boy!

His Doorkeeper said...

Can't believe Brody is getting closer to being one year old and then to see him sitting there eating French Fries! My, the time rolls by fast! He is so cute and I know he brings your whole family so much joy!

Even when there is a death in the family, having a baby around makes things so much better! I bet your Granddad loved Brody!

Kelly said...

I've thought many times that having a baby at a young age and earlier in your marriage than you planned can be just as hard as having a baby at an old age and MUCH later you planned.......but I want to tell you that you are SUCH a good mom. I know you are a lot younger than me but I feel like I can learn so much from you as a mom and as a person!
I can't believe Brody is eating french fries!! Sonic dates are the BEST!!! Harper and I have one EVERY day! ;-) (She just doesn't really know it yet!)

Beth said...

My little girl and I just did this same thing yesterday....except we had cheese fries! :) She loved the break from the norm in her afternoon yesterday! Fun!!

Jenna said...

That Brody is a lucky boy. He sure does have an awesome mama!!!

Julee said...

Good thing he has such good genes from his momma and daddy because this boy can put away some food!! HAHA!! :)

Lyr said...

OMG… Mommy, baby dates are so fun!! That is so awesome. I came across your blog and have fallen in-love with your family. Hope you don’t mind if I keep up with ya’ll!! :)

Katie Spinks said...

Jennifer was praying for your family all last week wondering how you were doing so glad to here you felt God's peace. Brody is such a little cutie...getting big fast eh!! Enjoy your dates with him!!

Harris Family said...

God certainly knew what He was doing when he brought little Brody into your lives! I know just how you feel. Knowing there was a baby on the way, for us, helped us to cope with the loss of Flint's mom. It was like a little part of her. And not a day goes by without me looking at Cilla's face and thinking of her grammie and how much her grammie would have loved her. Our little ones are such sweet reminders. Thank you, Lord, for the joy they bring us... especially during hard times!

Can Brody seriously be old enough to be eating french fries? Time, slow down!!!

mellybean said...

Ok Jennifer, I feel like such a better mom now that I see there are other mom's feeding their kiddos fast food. If I don't have time to make my own meal, I sure as heck don't have enough time to make Ellie a meal!!!

krislyn. said...

What a fun date!! With this post, you made me want to run out to Sonic and get myself fries and a diet coke! Simple things can just bring so much joy! This little guy is a doll, and I am looking forward to seeing the events of his 1st Birthday!!

Karen said...

We FINALLY got our first Sonic in the Cleveland area, I am looking forward to my first Sonic experience soon!

Karen

Julie said...

oh, i think my little Kate (10months) and I need to have a sonic date on the floor too! I'm sure her brothers will steal all the fries but I think that is the greatest idea. What great memories to have when it is just you and Brody.