Monday, August 31, 2009

Into EVERYTHING

Brody is seriously into everything. We can't leave him alone for a second! Last week I was taking a shower and Brody was playing in the bathroom. When I looked out to check on him, he had rolled our bathroom in toilet paper. Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church and I was drying my hair. When I looked down, Brody had climbed into the cabinet under Josh's sink and was playing. This morning, I had stepped into another room to put something up and when I came back into the kitchen, Brody was playing in the trash can. I almost gagged. Another time this morning, I walked into my bedroom and found parts of Deuteronomy on the floor! I had laid my Bible on the floor by my night stand when I finished reading it last night and Brody apparently found it this morning. Perfect.
This afternoon, he was playing alone in his room and I heard the door on his dresser opening and slamming. It's never a good thing when he is slamming things because of his little fingers, so I walked in to check on him, and this is what I found him doing!
Haha! I know what you are thinking....does she not watch him? The answer is yes, but I obviously am going to have to stop letting him out of my sight, even for a second! :) I am so thankful for him and wouldn't change any of the craziness!

17 comments:

Terri said...

i love reading this stuff about Brody...it gets me excited and nervous all in the same! What do you record his videos with? We just got a flip. Is that what you use?!

Heather said...

Oh, I remember that so well....it's like all of a sudden they come "alive" so to speak!!! Sounds like you had the same kind of day I had!!! CRAZY, but wouldn't change a thing!

Melissa said...

Oh I love the crawling he is doing. What a cute video! I hope you have fun staying on your toes with that busy boy!

Mandi said...

Oh yes! He has reached the age of that will keep you on your toes. :) When D reached this age I can remember thinking I was crazy for ever thinking life was crazy before! HA HA

Emily said...

Too funny... not about your bible though.

I think Lincoln is Brody's twin... he is into everything too!!!

Jilly said...

I think Brody is trying to tell you that he's ready to be potty trained because apparently he has a dirty diaper with all of the diapers he pulled out. :) And, the one on his head? How adorable! My little one gets in to the trash, too...glad to know it's not just going on at our house.

Leah said...

haha I LOVE when he puts the diaper on his head! So adorable!

Cindy said...

All the mommas are smiling and know you watch your baby, he's just 'at that age.' Cute stuff. :)

Harris Family said...

At least he is soooo cute while getting into everything! In all seriousness, I know it must get old to not be able to let them out of your sight! I am dreading that in a couple of months!

Lisa said...

HAHA that video cracks me up. He's so serious. Like he knows exactly what he's doing. I love that army crawl to you as well. He is so stinkin cute!

Kristi said...

LOVE IT! But I am right there too. I find it funny reading and seeing your videos, but man does it wear me out at my own house! Sometimes though, you have to do what you did, sit back and watch, and laugh. It really is cute to see as they figure things out or get into things and realize how things work. He is so darn cute. You know we put those cabinet latches on the inside of our girls dresser cabinet. It is almost just like his. We also put them on the two bottom drawers of their dressers, to stop diaper and clothes from being thrown everywhere. Just an idea.

Lyr said...

Ah… the good old age of getting into EVERYTHING! It should quickly pass; at least it did for my little guy. Ah… what curiosity! It makes me smile!

Heather said...

I love it!!! He Is So Cute! I completely believe that you are watching him, I know the feeling I tell Jonathan the same thing every day :) Looks like it is time for some Baby Proofing!

Laurie said...

I KNOW about that getting into everything! That is great that you used to watch Take Home Chef. Yeah, he cooks with some far out stuff. I don't know why they dropped that show.

LYNDEE said...

yup, thats about right, and it never stops!!!!

Heather said...

Oh girl, I don't know you , just found your blog and love it, and we are in the same boat! My little girl is just like this, I have to watch her every second or she is into something! He is so cute and so glad I found your blog!

Superchikk said...

This...is just the beginning! C pulls diapers out, slams his drawers closed, and has now learned how to climb on top of the changing table! Oh, and don't forget the time he pulled food out of the trash and started eating it! Yeah, these boys are going to keep us busy. But you're right, I wouldn't have it any other way!