Monday, August 17, 2009

Happy Anniversary and a few other things....

Today is my parent's 30th wedding anniversary. I'm having to tell them Happy Anniversary on my blog because they are in San Francisco on a little trip and they are having a "cell phone free trip". Haha! It's been very hard not to call them this weekend! They did call and let us know that the made it when their flight landed. The call lasted about 45 seconds. My mom did send me one text yesterday. That's about it. I feel like the worried parent and I want to know what they are doing and if they are ok. Haha! Happy Anniversary! I hope y'all call me when you get home! :)
This picture is proof that I graduated from college. I graduated in May 2007, but our classes names were just engraved on the sidewalk at school. I thought it was pretty fun picture! I added the arrow in case you couldn't find me. :)
Brody loves being able to reach all his toys now. He knows how to get them off the shelves. If only he knew how to clean them up, too! :)
I'm not for sure what the sad face was about. Sweet boy!
I took this picture at breakfast. I love those sweet little feet! Footed pajamas melt me heart, especially when Brody is wearing them!

I attended Reese's memorial service today. There are no words to describe the service. You could feel the presence of God in that room in such a sweet way. Katie gave the eulogy and it was simply amazing. She is by far one of the strongest people I know. She is such an incredible example of Christ and continues to be even in this difficult time. I know that it was only through Him that she was able to speak today. It was a beautiful service that celebrated the life of their sweet daughter and I was so honored to have been there for it. Please continue to pray for Katie, Jason, and their families.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

I love sweet pajama feet, too. Those puppies are precious!

Praying for Katie, Jason, and their family.

Laurie said...

Your parents look like such nice people. I love the puppy p.j.s! Katie is amazing isn't she? She is wonderful testimony.

Megan said...

I love that your school does that with your names! That is so cool! I graduated in 2007 also! I thought I graduated in 2006 but recently found out I really graduted in 2007 (weird I know). I love those little puppy dog feet. TOO CUTE!

Harris Family said...

Those puppy feet are soooo cute! I am so amazed by how Christ is working through Katie. What an honor to be there to help them celebrate precious Reese's life.

Jenna said...

I heart footed PJ's too! Katie seems like such a strong momma. I don't know if I would have had her kind of strength if things wouldn't have turned good with B. I watched the video on You Tube that they showed at the memorial, and it made me totally lose it. Keeping them in my prayers...