Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gone Fishin'

Josh has been dying to take Brody fishing, so this evening we went to a nearby lake and let Josh teach Brody how to fish! We had a lot of fun. It was hot as blazes, but we had a great time just hanging out together and relaxing.

Sadly, I forgot our live bait when we left the house. I have no idea how I missed the worms in my refrigerator, but thankfully, we had a ton of fake bait. I guess the correct term would be artificial bait. But really, the fish liked my gum best. I spit a wad in the lake so I could drink my diet coke (because gum and diet coke do not mix) and as soon as that piece of gum hit the water, the little fish went crazy!

I realized tonight that this is what my life will be like. Fishing, dirt, worms, woods, sweat. You know...life with boys! I wouldn't have it any other way. I am SO blessed! Brody was watching Josh bait the hook.

He looks really disgusted by the whole process!The boys fishing! The view of the lake

4 comments:

Lisa said...

awwwh cute! Just wait until they start going fishing for the weekend. That's when you go with them or you have a little girl next to go shopping with =) hehe. What a beautiful lake. Wouldn't you love to live on it? I would for sure.

Lea Liz said...

how cute!! This will be what they do for father/son bonding time!

Megan said...

Haha, gum and diet coke DO NOT mix at all. Such cute pics. FYI: I'm about to email you watch for it.

darnold23 said...

Good for you guys!