Saturday, August 1, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes

I knew right after Brody was born that I wanted to start a few traditions in our little family. One was pancakes on Saturday mornings. I thought it would give us something to look forward to on Saturdays and hopefully, it would be some fun family time. I started doing it in March and I have done it almost every Saturday since then, with the exceptions of when we are out of town, or when I am so lazy that I decide to sleep late. But most Saturdays I try to make them.

This morning, I threw in a little twist and made blueberry pancakes. I bought a container of blueberries last night in hopes that Brody would eat some this week. I decided to spare a few for pancakes. They were really good! We always give Brody pancakes without the syrup. He seemed to really enjoy the extra flavor from the blueberries this morning. It was so much fun!



7 comments:

krislyn. said...

Looks and sounds scrumptious! Just wait till Brody is having sleep overs, all his friends are going to want to spend the night on Friday's so they can have some of those!! =) And I love the idea of starting family traditions ..

On special occasions my mom would bake "Monkey Bread," that's about the extent of her baking abilities .. =) Luckily, I love baking and can not wait to pass it on!

Mandi said...

Blueberry pancakes are always a big hit with D. It's also yummy to make banana pancakes and then throw in some blueberries for an extra treat. :)

Lea Liz said...

How cute!! What a fun family tradition!!!

Leah said...

I've been wanting to make pancakes for Perri but not sure to make regular ones or special "baby" kind? What kind do you make? Just give him the ones you make for you guys?? Very cute pics by the way!!

PS- we're in Arkansas if you happen to be down in Benton this week!

Heather said...

Pancakes sound so yummy right now! And seriously- Brody is growing and changing SO much! He is so handsome!

LYNDEE said...

Cade loves bluberry ones, i make Egos, cause im lazy in the morning

Katie said...

It's so fun to start your own little family traditions, isn't it? That is one of the things that makes me most happy as a wife and momma...getting to do things to make my family happy and make some memories! I love it!

Amelia looooves pancakes. And she loves blueberries. Why have I never made blueberry pancakes??? Amelia will eat the mess out of some blueberries, let me tell you! She will eat a whole pint if I let her. (The first time she ate them, I freaked out because her "shoo shoo" turned blue!! I couldn't figure out what was wrong...hahaha! Then, phew, I realized it was the blueberries... Oh my... )