Sunday, July 19, 2009

Weekend Fun

The weather was so nice here this weekend! It felt great and was so beautiful, so we were able to do a lot of things outdoors.

Friday night, we took Brody to FNO at church and we headed to the Rowe's house for our small group monthly fellowship. We grilled out and it was perfect weather for it. We had a great time eating and visiting with our sweet friends. We actually had so much fun that we were about 5 minutes late picking Brody up from FNO. Oops!

Saturday morning, Josh went to play Frolf or Disc/Frisbee Golf with some friends from church. Apparently, from what I have heard, he lost a frisbee in a pine tree and because it wasn't his, he decided to CLIMB THE TREE to get it. His friends didn't know he was in the tree until the walked by and heard him yell at them from up in it. I have had a mental picture of it all weekend. He has some scratches on his arm from climbing the tree. Yes, that's my husband. While Josh was acting like Bear Grylls, Brody and I went for a little run around our neighborhood. It was so nice to be able to run and not melt to the pavement. Brody even enjoyed a little morning nap during the jog.

After Josh got home, we went to eat at Brenda's. It's a little burger shack that deep-fries everything except their drinks. It was soooo good!
Then we came home and B helped a little with laundry. He is obsessed with playing with my shirts. He rubs his face in them and then puts them on his head or in his mouth. Later that evening, we went to get shaved ice. I got strawberry margarita flavor. It was so good! Josh got strawberry cheesecake and Brody loved both of them so much. He would just go back and forth taking turns getting a bite from each of us.
Sunday morning, we went to church, then to eat with my parents. After we got home, Brody and I went over to Matt and Julee's house to hang out while Josh mowed. I took Brody's little pool over with us so he could play while Julee and I laid out. He didn't have very much fun. He was very tired and slightly cranky. He pretty much made this face at us the entire time. I called Josh and he came over and picked Brody up. Thankfully, we live about 5 minutes from them. He took a good nap when he got home. After he woke up from his nap, he took a bath. He might be our baby but he is so cute!Then, we took Brody to U of A campus to take some pictures. It's only a few minutes from our house. We got some cute pictures, when he was actually still! Ha! Then, we just walked around and enjoyed being outside.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Julee said...

You didn't tell me about going to campus! Very cute pics!! So glad you came over to visit! I had a great time even if Brody didn't! :)

Kyndal said...

I was just talking about you last night with my bloggy-turned-real-life friend, Nat. She lived in Fayetteville a few years ago for work and was talking about what a wonderful place it was and how BEAUTIFUL the U of A campus is. She's getting ready to have a son, Hudson, in the next couple of weeks. Don't be surprised if the Bralys and the Pettijohns pack up from Pitt and all move south! (We are not quite as fond of the north...) Ha! Glad you had a great weekend!

Emily said...

Brody is such a doll! sounds like a wonderful fun weekend.

I love the pictures you took at U of A.

Thanks for the comment on breastfeeding. I enjoy reading other peoples views and things they do that helps them. Do you plan to nurse Brody after he is a year old? I have a cousin whose wife is still nursing their twins, but they were a year old in January! I think thats a little to old in my opinion, but all mothers are different.

Lea Liz said...

aw those pictures you took of him on campus are adorable!!

The Allens said...

I love the big hat!

Megan said...

That picture from the bathtub is just adorable! And love all the pics you took around campus! Sounds like a great weekend!

Todd and Courtney said...

Love that bath tub picture! Precious!!!

LYNDEE said...

Yall did have a busy wekend, sounds like most of ours, except that its been 102 everyday for the last few weeks, uhhhh. Little B is so cute, id have to say i think he looks more like his daddy everyday!!!

Aishlea and Brandon said...

Hi, found your blog thru Kelly's Korner! You have a beautiful family! :)

Mandi said...

Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! Brody is such a cutie!

Ryan and Sarah said...

What happen to the rest of the beach picture! Not that I don't enjoy the funny stories! No we don't have our class list yet. I'm sure they won't come until the middle of August. I can't wait though! I will let you know when I get it but I will have all the 3rd graders at least once a day so I will have her! Hope everything is going well!

Katie said...

Oh my goodness, Jennifer! He looks SO BIG! WOW!!! The picture of him sitting in the grass...can't you just see a little man right there? Oh my goodness... He is gonna be such a gorgeous guy! You best start practicing your "Back off, ladies" bit for when he gets older...haha!