Thursday, July 23, 2009

Party Fun

Last night, I ordered some things for Brody's first birthday party. It's only 2 short months away, so I decided to start getting things together and planning. I also made some purchases this past weekend. I'm just mainly trying to plan ahead and prevent from spending hundreds of dollars in one week for a birthday party. It seems less painful if I split it over the next 10 weeks! Ha! Here is a little sneak peak at our theme. We are doing Mod Monkey.

I was at Rick's Bakery yesterday ordering some cakes for a few birthdays over the next couple of weeks and I talked to my friend that I have made there. She is VERY excited about the one year cake and said she cannot wait to start planning. We talked and I think I am going to take in some of the plates, napkins, etc when they come in and start working on a cake. You think I'm crazy, which is fine, but you realize I have a lot to live up to with this party since the boy has a monthly birthday party also. I have lots of little idea that I think are going to come together to make a super cute party.

On another note, I have gone to Pier One a couple of times the week to get some new lamps and I saw these there. These are chalk glassware. You write names, etc on the chalkboard part. I really liked these and I wondered if I could do them myself, so I went to WM and bought some super cheap tea glasses to practice on. A set of 4 glasses was only $2, so I didn't feel bad if I messed them up or they didn't turn out. I just painted them with chalkboard paint. It was super easy. I am pretty pleased with the way they turned out, although I think if I make them again, I will do a bigger square. I think it would be even better if I had some super cute glasses. Now that I know what I am doing, I might try some nicer ones. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to use if we had people over or just for Josh and I so we don't get our glasses switched. Brody had his 9 month pictures outdoors tonight . It was our third attempt to take them. The first appointment was canceled because it was 102 degrees close to picture time. The second time it was cancelled due to the large knot he was sporting last week, so we were very happy to finally to take them tonight! Here is a pic of me and my boy before we left the house.Before we left, Brody and Josh were eating marshmallows and at one point it looked like he was trying to play chubby bunny! It was hilarious!Yay for tomorrow being Friday!

14 comments:

Mandi said...

My thought is you can never start planning a party too early...especially one as special as the first! Happy party planning!

caycee said...

Yay for the mod monkey! Dont feel crazy for planning this early, I have already planned Carsons ha! (we are doing a monkey theme too, but a different monkey).You look vey pretty for your pics I cantwait to see them!

Kyndal said...

I was eyeing that glassware at Pier 1, too! What a great idea to try it on your own. Might have to steal that from you...as if I haven't stolen any of your other ideas/advice! Ha! Can't wait to see Brody's 9 month pics!

Emily said...

The monkey theme is cute for Brody's birthday party. I haven't decided what to do Lincoln's in.. I am kinda worried he won't get one with the other baby due right around his birthday.. if I have to wait until Nov. to have it then I guess I will.

I bought some chalk board paint from Hobby Lobby the other day.. just trying to figure out what to do with it. I like your tea glass.. cute!

BAJohnson said...

I got my best friend's baby a shirt from Etsy for his first birthday next weekend. The shirt has that same monkey face on the front and his name and a big one on the back. Cute idea with the glasses by the way!



http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28115655

Angie said...

I love his b-day party decorations!! So cute!! I also love the glasses you made, they are adorable!! What a great idea!!

Megan said...

It's never too early to start planning a fabulous party!! I LOVE the theme!

Blissfully Enamored said...

yay for the monkey theme!! my niece is turning one in october and i have been helping to find things for her CUPCAKE party! it is so much fun!!!!!

i am so glad that you found my giveaway!!!! good luck!!!! :)

umm...oh yeah...and you and your family need to stop being so stinking CUTE!!!! gosh!

Danielle said...

I am planning Eli's first birthday right now...it is so much fun! I found the cutest monkey cake and cupcakes - have a picture if you are interested. I can't remember what site I found it on. If you email me I will send it to you - danleecopeland@gmail.com.

Heather said...

I love the mod monkey!!! Can't wait to see/hear about the cake!!!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

those are very cute glasses.. how adorable. :) and look at precious brody. he is so cute

Lisa said...

I'm so glad to hear that!!! I have started too! Ours is pink and green polka dots/lady bugs. I have not found any cute plates, etc. Where did you find yours? CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!
BTW, chubby bunny really makes me spit out my drink LOL!!!!!

Kelly said...

Those classes are TOO cute!
And you look so pretty with Brody!!!

Katie said...

Y'all are just so cute! I'm excited to see some of his pictures from the photo session! He just looks like a little model baby ;o) "Mod Monkey" -- that just sounds cute! Have you seen people make those cute cupcakes with I think it's vanilla wafers on top that look like monkeys? They are so fun looking, but um, I don't think anyone could beat the cakes your bakery does! I bet that bakery has had so much fun doing all of sweet Brody's cakes this year!!