Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Weekend

We made a quick trip down to Benton this weekend to attend a wedding. Our sweet friends, Amanda and Aaron, got married Friday night. The wedding was beautiful, as was the reception. My favorite part of the entire event was probably Aaron's grooms cake. If you are not from Arkansas you will not appreciate this cake. If you are from Arkansas, you will probably think it's great! In case you aren't a Razorback fan, the cake is a little version of our football stadium, complete with the jumbo tron. It was so cute, and so perfect for Aaron, who is a huge Razorback fan. Here is a picture of Amanda's cake table. The colors for the wedding were black and apple green. So pretty and so summery!
After the wedding, we headed to Mimi and Poppy's house for the night. We all had a lot of fun while we were there.
Brody ate his first peach while we were there. He has had it pureed but never whole. He liked it a lot!
Saturday afternoon, we ran over to visit my grandparents for a little while. Brody had a lot of fun trying to destroy my grandmother's perfect house. I think I held my breath every time he reached for something! Pretty sure I never got to stand on the dining room table when I was little! :) We also went to visit our friends, Zach and Beth, and their new baby girl, Blakely. She was born almost 2 weeks ago. I loved getting to hold her. When people came to visit us after Brody was born they would say they couldn't remember their babies being newborn and as small as Brody. I remember thinking that was so weird, but Saturday I had that moment. She is only 1 oz bigger than Brody was at birth. I looked at Josh and said I couldn't remember Brody being that small. I seriously cannot. It's so weird. It made me sad because I know he is growing so fast.
This flower headband is one of the gifts we took to baby Blakely. Her daddy is a 5th year senior on the UCA football team. Their school colors are purple and black, so I thought she could wear this to his games this fall. I was so excited to finally have a reason to buy one because I LOVE them! I also bought her some tiny little zebra print Mary Janes. I decided I loved shopping for girls and I'm thinking we need a sweet girl one day....just not anytime soon!:)
I wanted to just squeeze her!!! I just love when our friends have babies and I get excited knowing they are about to experience all the joys of parenting! You seriously cannot fully understand it until you are a parent.
I love this picture of Josh with Blakely. It's amazing how comfortable he is with newborns now that we have had one. Sunday we went to church and I finally took a picture of Brody in the nursery. I never take my camera inside with me, but I stuck it in my purse this morning and got a picture of him when I went to pick him up.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend as well!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm laughing that you have two pictures of the cakes from the wedding! That is SO you! Both of the cakes are AMAZING!!!
You DO need a girl one day! You would be an awesome girl mom! But you make an awesome boy mom too! I'll switch - I'd love to have a sweet boy next! :-)
Can you believe Brody will be one before you know it?

Julee said...

I am loving your hair color in those pics! :) Glad we added the dark in it! Also I LOVE the purple flower bow! so cute! Glad you had a good weekend in Benton. I want to come see you and Brody tomorrow!

Sarah Fries said...

All the traveling and weddings continue!! Looks like you all had fun though!

Jenna said...

What a fun weekend! Those cakes were both amazing and that little boy you are toting around is just precious, as usual! I agree with Kelly - you'd be a great girl mama!

Glad ya'll had a good one - hope you have a WONDERFUL week!!

Emily said...

What a busy weekend! I love the grooms cake. That was neat.

I love those head bands... when my little girl gets here, I hope to find cute ones like the one you got her.

I love Brody's outfit he is in at church. So cute! He is one adorable baby!

The Allens said...

What a wonderful weekend! I love his overalls - CUTE!

Jill said...

I LOVE the cakes!! Sometimes I want to get married just so I can pick out a wedding cake! Ha!
Brody looks a lot like Josh in those pictures!!
I told you that you needed a little girl!! She would be the best dressed baby around!
I am sad I didn't get to see little Brody in his outfit yesterday - it is so cute!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Well, first, girls are so much fun to dress and accessorize...also, they are much more expensive! Boy stuff is so cheap in comparison--at least that is what I have found shopping for Reid. Can you believe our babies are about to be one?? There have been a couple of nights that I have woke up thinking about how fast this year is going by and have not been able to go back to sleep!! Brody is looking adorable as always.

Todd and Courtney said...

Girl, I'm not sure Brody could get any cuter. And shopping for girls is fun but goodness I can go over board! Love those wedding cakes. Right up my alley. I could have eaten the whole thing!