Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

We had a little different 4th of July this year. One of my best friends from college got married up here on Saturday evening. Amy and I met the summer before our freshman year. We were suite mates a couple of years as well.
The 3 of us before the wedding. We didn't coordinate on purpose. It just kind of happened that way!
I was having a clothing crisis and couldn't find a dress in my closet that I wanted to wear. I hadn't seen all my friends since my baby shower in August and I felt the pressure to look like I had not birthed a baby this past year, so I called Jill and she brought over about 7 dresses for me to choose from. She saved the day!
Amy and Matt. She looked beautiful! I loved her dress!Rachel, Nicole, Michelle and Me. Rach and Nicole were roomies and Michelle and I were roomies. The reception was a lot of fun. It was at Matt's parents house and they had a BBQ dinner with sweet tea which is one of my very favorite meals!
Michelle and Brody. I was sooooo excited for him to meet my friends. I seriously LOVE this picture of Brody and Kimbo that Becca took. Kimbo and I were suite mates our freshman year. She was probably one of the very first people I met at OBU. Jordan and Brody. Jordan is in law school up here so she sees Brody occasionally!Becca and Brody. Becca has a niece named Lottie. She is a couple of months older than Brody and I really think Brody wants to date her when they are older and go to OBU together. :)
After the wedding, Josh and I ran to Walmart and got a few things. We ended up having a little impromptu hot dog cookout at our house. Josh has been wanting hot dogs so we got those and I made cheese dip, and brownies and ice cream . We also had watermelon. We didn't get home from the wedding until about 8:30. We put Brody to bed before my family came over. About 10, Brody woke up from all the fireworks in our neighborhood, so we just let him eat a little while he was up. He was so sticky from the watermelon that we had to give him another bath!

Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

7 comments:

Heather said...

You look gorgeous, as usual and definitely do NOT look like you have had a baby!! :) That baby sure is cute, though!!!

Katie said...

Look at him chowing on that watermelon!! Haha! Can I even begin to tell you how my favorite thing on a little boy is a sailor outfit?! That pale blue looks so beautiful next to his pretty skin. I love the look on his face in the picture with your sister.

Oh! And you SO DO NOT look like you have EVER given birth...much less, in the last year! You look great!

Katie Spinks said...

ok I agree you look way too good for having a baby less than a year old - I love the dress you wore!! Brody looked especially cute in his wedding outfit too. glad you had a great July 4th holiday!

Kelly said...

You looked so good about a WEEK after having a baby! You look amazing and would have in anything you wore - but you looked beautiful!
I love that Bride's dress! I think it would be fun to get married on the 4th of July. Hot but fun! ha!

Superchikk said...

Ugh, don't get me started on the fireworks! They woke C up twice - once at 9:30, another time at 12:45. I seriously contemplated calling the cops, because I'm old and grouchy like that.

And props to Brody on the watermelon. I wish C liked it, but alas, he has sided with his Daddy on that one.

Megan said...

What a fun weekend! I have always wanted to go to a wedding on July 4th Weird I know! I have a wedding this weekend and I have nothing to wear. Tell Jill to bring her collection of dresses my way! :-)

Lea Liz said...

Looks like fun!! I love the brides dress of what I can see!!

You look great girl!! I know how ya feel tho..haha but you look good and it's so worth it anyway!! Brody is so adorable!!!