Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday

I just had a few things I wanted to post really quick. I highly doubt that the beach pics will be up today. I'm seriously struggling sorting through those. There are only hundreds of precious pics of Brody. How is a mom to choose? I decided to give a sneak peek though. Isn't this precious??Also, if you follow me on twitter, you might have seen my panic tweet yesterday about Rick's Bakery. Brody's 9 month B-day is on Friday and Rick's is closed all this week and doesn't re-open until Monday, so that means no Rick's cake on Friday. I tried not to hyperventilate at the news. At least I had time to make a back-up plan. Let's be honest, it doesn't matter where the cake comes from or what it looks like, but I just really love the way their cakes taste, and we all know I eat half the cake by myself by the time it's over with, so it just made me a little sad. Plan B is in the works! Let's hope the cake is cute as well. And in case you are wondering, the back-up plan is not me baking the cake! Ha!

Last thing...Happy Birthday to my friend, Heather! She is one of my very good friends from church. We also workout together every morning (unless I bail on her)!! She is such a sweet friend and I love being able to talk to her about mom things or just random things every morning.
Hope y'all have a great day!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm sure Brody's cake will be great. Are you going to use Shelby Lynn's??? They are GREAT too! I always get my petit fours there because they are just as good as Rick's I think and a lot cheaper. The baker has been on the food network a bunch so you are in good hands.
Either way - it will be just fine!!!

Lyryn said...

Oh my word… your son is ADORABLE! And I just love that first one of him. So cute! I just stumbled across your blog and thought I would say HI!

Jill said...

See sister, I was right about Shelby Lynn's! I am going to ask her how it is being on Food Network...I bet it is a blast!

I do love the first picture so much! He is so cute, I even think he is pretty but don't tell Josh I said that!

Happy Birthday, Heather! She is so sweet!

Heather said...

I always love seeing those cakes (and imagining how they taste!) so I am SOOO glad there is a "Plan B!" Can't wait for more pics!!

Megan said...

I saw the tweet!! I am glad you have a backup plan!

Laurie said...

I am happy to hear about your MIL's living room. I would love to see pictures. I love that beach picture!

Katie said...

Cute beach picture! I want to hear about your trip! I've been a little out of it. ; )

Oh, and you left a burp rag at my house today. Do you need it anytime soon or do you want me to bring it to church?

Good to see you!

Mandi said...

This beach picture is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Can't wait to see more!!!!

Brody's cake is sure to be a hit...you have excellent taste in baked goods. :)

Katie said...

Ooooooh! He looks so sweet on the beach!!! I can't wait to see more beachy pics! I'm tellin' ya, he just looks like the happiest little thing. I just wish all his pictures had sound effects...hehe! Can't wait to see his birthday cake!