Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our Weekend

Friday morning, Brody and I got up made cookies. We took dinner to our friends Katie and Jason that night, so we made those for their dessert. I love having someone to help me in the kitchen! Look how sweet he is with his plastic spoon. He was concentrating on eating that banana. (And don't worry, I stood by him the entire time he was in his bumbo on the counter!)Then B took a bath! He is seriously LOVING bath time these days! This is a video of him "swimming" in the bath tub. He is all over the place!Then, he got dressed because he was supposed to have gone shopping with Gigi and Jill, but bad storms with tornadoes came through NWA, so he ended up just hanging at the house with them while I got my hair colored. He also stayed with them instead of going to FNO, while Josh and I went on a date. I cannot even begin to say how much we appreciate that our family is so willing to keep Brody so we can go out. Josh and I are able to go on a date night once a week, and sometimes twice a week, like this past week. When you have only been married a year and a half, you REALLY need those nights together. Not that other parent's don't need it, because they do, but we have spent a lot of our marriage focused on my pregnancy, his arrival, and then taking care of Brody, so it's nice to focus on our relationship for a change! :) Josh and I went to eat at Shogun, then went to TJ Maxx and a few other places.

Saturday, Josh and B went to see Julee, so Josh could get his hair cut, and I went to run off all that food from the night before. They seriously give you enough food for a family of 4 when you eat hibachi. It didn't really help with the bikini cause either. I swear those were the hardest three miles ever because I was swollen like an oompa loompa from all that fried rice. That meal is almost not worth the stress of trying to burn it back off. I said almost.

Saturday night we went to our small group fellowship at our friends, Jon and Lindsey's house. We had fajitas and they were soooo good! I laughed because everyone left the house by 8:30! You can tell most of us have kids that needed to get in bed. We are such a wild group! :)

We went to church this morning and then have just hung out this afternoon. I took a nap because we did not sleep very well last night. About the time I got to sleep it started storming like crazy. Then, Brody peed through his diaper, onesie, and sheet TWICE between 2am-6am! He is drinking a lot of water in his sippy cup and this is becoming a nightly thing, but not usually twice. Then, he woke up screaming at 6. Not crying, but screaming...like in anger!! I still have no idea what was going on. By the time we got him settled, it was time to get up and get ready for church.

I'm about to clean house a little and try and get organized for the week. I'm teaching swimming lessons in the afternoons this week, as well as getting ready for Florida. It should be a fun, busy week!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm glad you and Josh get a lot of date nights! You do need them! You are SO right! We got 5 years of alone time and vacations before Harper and I'm glad we did but I still like some time with just Scott! I'm glad ya'll make that a priority.

Megan said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Don't you just love geting your hair colored?!?! Its such a good 'fresh' feeling! And how great that you two are able to take date night's every week!!

Heather said...

That is so awesome that you guys can have a date night once a week. You are so right- that is SOOO important! We were married 5 years before we had Connor, and since then (and esp. since Avery Kate) we need to do better about making dates a priority!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

he is just so cute! glad you had a great weekend. we just found out my sis is having a boy!! i'm very excited to get a nephew

Kat said...

jennifer, your little family is just so stinkin' cute! glad to see you are doing well!

Jessica said...

Love that little video! He looks like a sweet little frog with those long, longs legs of his! : )

Kristi said...

I love that video. I can't believe how it pulls himself with his frog legs dragging behind. Too cute! Have you ever tried those good night diapers. I know that our Target has them. I had a friend that used them for her son and she said he quit peeing through his diaper at night. Just a thought. Glad yal get out. Ben and I don't make that a priority much but partially because it is hard to leave 2 babies with our parents. Of course they can do it but the girls are crabby in the evenings and it just makes for long evenings when you aren't use to it. He is too cute, Jennifer. Keep having fun with him.

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

LOVE the bath picture and video. I am going to have to try putting just a little water and letting Lilly hang out on her stomach. Sounds like a great weekend. Matt and I have been married almost 5 years and still LOVE date night! We put Lilly in the size 4 night time diapers--they are huge!! But, she doesn't pee out of them in the middle of the night. (I fold the top down so they don't go over her belly button.) When you guys get back from Florida (she said with jealousy), we need to get together!!

morgan823 said...

This might possibly be my first comment but when I read about him leaking at night I wanted to tell you what someone told me for my little girl. At Publix I know (they might have them elsewhere) they have what look like long pads over in the diapers, they are for night time (can't remember the name right now but you'll know it when you see it), you put them on the inside of the diaper and it helps absorb all the excess tee tee. They really work. We used them for a while and she didn't know the difference. I found your blog through Kelly's Korner and have been reading for a while.
Morgan

Julee said...

I may have to put Brody in the bath tub this afternoon when I am keeping him because it just looks like so much fun!! I love the video!

Jill said...

If you want to have 4 or 5 dates a week that is just fine with us! :)
I love the video of him...he is so the next michael phelps! I love him so much!

Superchikk said...

When C started leaking through his diaper at night, I just put him in a diaper one size larger at night. So if he was in 2's, I'd put him in a 3 at night, and it worked really well for us. I didn't have to worry about not using them all before he grew out of them!

Laura Ann said...

Wow...Brody is growing so fast and he is so adoreable.

I think it is awesome that you guys have date night. We never get to do that and I miss it.

Looks like you guys have been super busy.

Have fun in Florida and praying for safe travels.

Katie said...

I am IN LOVE with the little john-john outfit he's wearing. All of Jack's are too big yet...I can't wait till they fit! Brody's skin is so pretty...I bet he is going to be brown as a biscuit this summer! ;o)