Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Daddy's Ballgame and Swimming

Josh plays softball on Monday nights every week. He usually has two games each Monday night. Both parks he plays at are pretty close to his office, so he usually goes straight from work to his games. Some nights it 10:30 before he is home from the games. Brody and I have never gone because of bedtime, or because Josh is the only married player on the entire team and I don't really have any friends to hang out with! Haha! He had been asking us to come for weeks, so last night, he only had one game, so he came home, ate dinner, then we all went to the game together. It was actually fun. One of the guys on the team is dating a girl I went to college with so we were able to catch up, and to be honest, I didn't even watch the game! :) They did run rule the other team so the game was over in 3.5 innings! That's my kind of game!

I totally forgot about our fresh food feeders until I saw them on another blog the other day. I pulled one of them out on Sunday night and put a banana in it and let Brody work on it. I should have known it would only take him like 30 seconds to eat the thing, because some mornings he eats two whole bananas for breakfast with yogurt. It's crazy! He ended up eating the entire banana in about 3 or 4 minutes. He screamed every time we took the feeder away from him to refill it! Haha! Poor thing. He has a beastly metabolism!

We got a little blow-up pool for B on Saturday. Yesterday, it was so pretty and warm, well actually almost hot, so we decided to try it out! Jill was over with us, so she took some pics while I stayed close by. At some points he liked it, and at other times, he wasn't so sure about it. His ex-lifeguard/swimming teacher mom is going to need him to like to swim! I'm not for sure what I will do if he is one of those kids that screams when they get in the water or when their head goes under. Those were the kids I would have to refrain from dunking during lessons. It would make me have nervous twitch if Brody started doing that! Haha! We are going to Benton this weekend. My in-laws have a pool, so hopefully we can spend some time in it this weekend and get Brody used to it.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

He is just the cutest thing! I can't believe he can eat two whole bananas! Wow!

Todd and Courtney said...

I love reading your blog. Brody is precious! My little girl, Lauren is 7 months old so it's fun reading your blog so I can see what's coming up next :)

Jenna said...

That baby boy is SOOO cute!!! Love the pool pic!

Sarah Fries said...

That dude can eat. I'm so jealous. Will you ask him if he could spare some of his metabolism for me!!! Hope he enjoys the pool! I'm sure he will enjoy you holding him in the water.

Katie Spinks said...

aw I love pictures of Brody cause he is so sweet - my husband totally plays softball on monday's as well - it would be fun if they played on the same team then we could visit...

Todd and Courtney said...

Girl I know! Lauren's closet is crazy, borderline ridiculous. I mean, does she seriously need that many clothes? My husband organized it all so I just laugh...it's his fault :)

Julie said...

I think the beach cake may be my favorite!! That was so cool and very creative.

Brody is growing so fast!! It is so neat to hear how much you love being a mommy. Have a blessed week!