Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend, we attended two beautiful weddings in central Arkansas. Friday night, our friends, Rachel and Evan, got married. Rachel and I are pledge sisters and Evan is Julee's brother. Josh and I went to OBU with both of them. The wedding was BEAUTIFUL! It was the first wedding Brody has ever attended. I was very nervous about taking him into the ceremony. I had talked to Rachel and Julee about it and they told me to sit in the mezzanine section towards the back. That way if we needed to leave we could just slip out. Sure enough, we had to leave as soon as Rachel's dad began praying at the beginning of the ceremony. Brody started squealing and laughing and motor boating with his mouth!! I dashed out the door so fast that I'm pretty sure Josh didn't even see us leave! Fortunately, no one heard him except the people on our row.

The reception was a beautiful sit down dinner. Brody had his own spot at our table. They had put a highchair where his name card was instead of a chair. It was so cute! They also had a gift bag for him waiting in his highchair as well. It had a bib, sippy cup, apple juice and cheerios. He was very excited about having something to eat at the reception!


Brody with Matt and Julee at the reception
Jill, Julee and me

Saturday night, we attended a wedding for Ryan and Sarah. Ryan grew up in Benton and he and Josh went all through school together. I didn't take any pictures at their wedding but I did get a pic of our family before we headed to the wedding. I never realize how tall I am until I see pictures of me standing next to Josh. Especially when I wear heels! Josh is 6'1" or 6'2". I look ginormous in this picture!!! Brody with Mimi and Poppy. Josh's mom went with us to the wedding.

Brody attempted to attend the ceremony on Saturday night. Before it started we were sitting there and Josh looked at me and I knew what the look meant. Brody had just had a blow out!! I opened my clutch and gave Josh a diaper. I was only carrying one diaper and my compact in my clutch. He asked me if I was going to give him any wipes and I told him they didn't fit in the clutch so I left them in the car!! Haha! He was really happy about that! He took Brody out to the car and changed him, and they sat in the foyer during the ceremony. So much for attempting to take him to a wedding. I am so glad to know that he never had to leave because he was screaming or crying. I didn't think he would just because he is usually pretty happy, but babies are unpredictable. We learned that this weekend!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

that was so nice of them to think of Brody and have all of those things ready for him. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that red and white dress! You look like one hott momma! lol
Your family is gorgeous!

lukeandlaurawoodard said...

You look so good Jennifer!! I needs tips on how to get back in shape after I have Drake!!

Jenna said...

Aww, that is so sweet that they had a special gift bag for Brody! And I can totally relate to you on the height thing. I'm 5'8" and Chris is 6'1 or 2, so when I wear my tall heels I look like an WNBA player!

Kelli :) said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your red and white dress! your little family is too cute!!! :)

Kelly said...

You look so pretty at both weddings!!! What a busy weekend! That bride looked beautiful! I bet Brody is the hit of all the weddings!

Mandi said...

You guys were defintely on the wedding tour last weekend! That red and white dress was made for you...you look fabulous!!!

Tiffany said...

Wow, two weddings in one weekend and lucky Brody getting to attend too! That was so thoughtful of the first couple to think of Brody and get him his very own gift bag. You're family is beautiful and it looks like you had a great weekend!

Kristie Redding said...

Did Josh have to change the diaper at the reception too or did you change Brody's diaper there?