Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This and That

I had several people ask me where the mother's ring came from so HERE is the link. It is from a local jewelry store here in Fayetteville, but you can order them through their website and have them shipped. I only linked y'all to the sterling silver one, but there are several other options but they are more expensive. There is even one that is platinum and costs $1800. Any takers?? Haha!!
I totally forgot to post this on my Mother's Day post. Josh let Brody sign my Mother's Day card from him! How sweet is that??
This is one of many bags of homemade baby food that I made on Monday while Brody was at MDO. I got a little carried away, but I was just having so much fun! I think I could feed a large army of babies. I found all my recipes on this website. I made bananas, applesauce, apples and oatmeal, apples and sweet potato mix, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Yes, I realize there are no green veggies on that list but he HATES them. We still make him eat them occasionally. I sent green peas as part of his lunch to MDO the other day. His teacher told me he spit them at her every time she would give him a bite! I was so embarrassed. She said she finally had to leave the spoon in his mouth until he would swallow so it would shield her from the spit! I did laugh a little on the inside thinking of what the next 18 years holds for us if he is already spitting in anger.

Brody was having a lot of fun laughing at Aunt Jilly on Sunday night. I love to hear his sweet little laugh!

Thank you so much for praying for Matt and Julee. Brody and I went to hang out with them for a little while yesterday afternoon and they were doing really well. Matt has his PET scan at 4:00 today and then they will meet with the oncologist on Friday. Please be in prayer for the tests today as well as the appointment on Friday and whatever is to follow after that. We know that God is in control of the entire situation and we are praising him for carrying them through!
Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

13 comments:

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

Love the video of him! He has the skinniest little lets-how cute!! I have been thinking about making some baby food for Lilly. Especially since we go through so much...she eats like a tank. Oh, I used your idea about Grandmother's bibles for Mother's Day--thank you very much! (I got it from Jenna's blog.) Also, another idea I got from you was the hooded towel/robe idea for pictures so Lilly's last photo session we did some in her robe and hooded towel. Thanks for the good ideas! Oh yeah, love that Brody signed the card! Love it!

Lilly, Matt, and Sara said...

legs not lets..grrr

Kelly said...

I used your idea of grandmother bibles also and they loved them - thank you!!!!
I want to make my own baby food too! A lot of my friends have been doing it so i plan to try!
I want to squeeze brody!

Angie said...

Thanks for the link to the mothers ring, I love it!! What a great Mother's Day gift!!

caycee said...

Hey jennifer! I jut love your blog I get on here and check it everyday! Brody is soo cute!! Well I wanted to ask you a favor how did you get Brody on a schedule? He seems so easy! I have a 3 1/2 month old and still no schedule:( He does go to sleep at 8:00 and doesnt get upuntil 5:30 , but all he wants to do during the day is eat, stay awake for about an hour and then nap again. So he still takes like 6 naps a day! I know I should probably be thankful he sleeps that much but it is so hard to do anything! Let me know if you have any suggestions on what I should do? I have babywise, baby whisper and still cant get it! Iam very type A if you could not tell haha! Thanks, Caycee

Mandi said...

Such sweet giggles!
I was a frequent visitor of wholesomebabyfood.com when D was eating pureed foods. They also have wholesometoddlerfood.com for when Brody is older. (:

Katie Spinks said...

Brody is too cute - way to go making your own baby food what a great idea - your a great mom!

Kristi said...

That is the best video. I LOVE hearing babies laugh. He is so cute Jennifer. I have a spitter on my hands as well. But not only does she spit her food, but her bottle, and just spitting to communicate. It is funny but very annoying when you get a mouth full of food headed your way.

Julee said...

Thanks so much for asking for prayer for Matt and I! I really don't know what I do with out you! And thanks for letting Brody come play at JuJu and Matt's yesterday. I have the cutes video of him laughing at Romeo you need to see!

darnold23 said...

Emily has these, and I just love them. Brody is such a cutie...love the video of Janice with him.

Brittney said...

I've been blog stalking you for a long time so I thought I would finally post a comment. Your little boy is adorable. We also live in NWA and have a daughter and a new baby boy. My husband is the one who originally came up with the mother's ring concept when he worked for DA, but he's now at Swift's (and still makes the mother's rings). Small world!

Katy S said...

I want to try making my own baby food. I saw a book in Williams Sonoma on Saturday, but after looking through it I realized I could save myself the $30 and find a recipe online. Thanks!

Your video of Brody laughing is too cute. My little Kennedy (5 moths) was laughing watching it in my lap. It was so sweet! I don't know if she knew it was another baby or herself

Emily said...

I've been making my own baby food, too. And, my son Miles HATES green veggies too... he actually threw up when I tried to get him to eat them.