Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day! I am so thankful that God blessed us with Brody. There is not a day that goes by that Josh and I don't stop and talk about what a blessing he is to us. I never knew I could love someone the way I love him. Seriously, how could I not love this sweet face??After church on Sunday, we went to my parent's house to eat lunch. My dad grilled so that my mom didn't have to cook on Mother's Day. He makes the best hamburgers in the world! They were so good. I had not had one since I illegally ate one in the hospital the night after Brody was born. I still couldn't have solids because of the c-section and it had been 2 days since I had food, so I would take bites in between nurses coming in and out. They are worth breaking the rules over!
Brody was having a lot of fun with the bow from my mom's gift!

I love them both so much!
Jill, Gigi, me and Brody We act just alike! Haha!
Here is a picture of my Mother's Day gift! Josh and Brody got me a mother's ring. I love it and I was so surprised! It has Brody's first name (Joshua) and his middle name on it. It was such a precious gift. If/when we have more children, I can get one with their names and stack them on top of each other and wear them.
My family got me this cookbook for Mother's Day. I'm like my mom in that I love to read cookbooks, I just don't necessarily cook what is in them!! Haha! I LOVE the Deen brothers and unlike their mom (whom I love), their recipes are healthier. Josh tells me that I don't need to make Paula's food because it's a problem when someone fries butter and calls it a side dish. Whatever. I would want her food as my last meal if I ever had to pick one! Anyways, I am looking forward to trying some of these recipes out. Josh already told me the ones he wants me to make so I guess I will start with those.

One more thing, would you please pray for Julee and Matt today? Matt is having testing done this morning to determine if he has t-cell lymphoma. Julee is like a sister to me and I am having such a hard time wrapping my mind around the possibility of this. I know we serve a big God and for that I am so thankful! If you get a chance, please go to their blog and let them know you are praying for them.

14 comments:

Lea Liz said...

Glad you had a good mothers day!! Where did Brody and Josh get that mothers ring? I love it!!! I need to hint on that!! haha!
Brody is just too cute!!!

Katie Spinks said...

hey Jennifer- thanks so much for your sweet comment on my post it really made my day - you are special so thanks for that!! I will defiantly be in pray for Matt and Julee today and for you as well - what a scary time but yet God is still in control even of the scary stuff. I am glad you had a great first mothers day - Brody really is so cute. I love your ring as well what a cool idea for kids to come as well!!

Mandi said...

It looks like you had a fantastic first Mother's Day! I LOVE your ring!!! My guys gave me a mother's necklace with D's name on it and I can't wait to wear it!

Mandi said...

Oh...and I went to Matt and Julee's blog right away to let the know I'm praying! What a sweet couple with such wonderful words to hold on to from Matt's dad.

Julee said...

Love the Mothers day pictures! Brody couldn't get any sweeter! Thank you so much for praying for us daily and for having others pray too. I know that we will get through this. I am feeling hopeful. Its like I can feel all the prayers going out for us. I truly appreciate your friendship and along with the love of your entire family! I love you all!!

Megan said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! I LOVE that ring! What a great gift! I might need to get that cook book!

Kelly said...

You looked so pretty and I can't believe how big Brody looks - he's not a baby anymore. His little outfit was precious!
What a sweet gift Josh got you - I love that ring! And I LOVE the Deen boys too - I need that cookbook. Paula is my BFF.
I'm praying for Matt and Julee - I can't imagine how scary this is but I just know it's going to be okay. PRAYING, PRAYING!

Heather said...

Jen- You are SO beautiful....seriously...you are gorgeous and of course Brody is CUTE AS CAN BE!!! So glad you had such a special day!!! You deserve it! Now, you have me craving a good burger, too!!! But we are having U.S. Pizza tonight as it is the grand opening of the Conway location! Praise!!!
One more thing....will you ask your hubby where he got the ring and send me the info...I LOVE it and love the idea of stacking them for multiple kids!
Thanks, girlie!
Hope you have a great night!

Jenna said...

loved all the pictures from your mother's day. you look just beautiful and that little guy is such a looker as well!! love the ring - so cool and thoughtful!!

praying for your sweet friends!

evwmom said...

Just found your blog, your little boy is adorable!! Where is the ring from? I'd love to get them made for grandparents day or my mom's b-day. Super cute!

Jessica said...

Oh. my. word! That ring is off the hook!! : ) Go, Josh, go!

Yes, i'm pretty sure Harbor is already taller than me (but it wouldn't take much to beat my 5 feet, 2 inches!!) Ha, ha!

I'm in love with Harbor, Jennifer!! Do you not STARE at Brody and just shake your head at how good God has been to us?!? It blows my mind to be a mother. : )

Lisa said...

I love your ring!
I'm glad your 1st Mother's day was wonderful!

Josh and Kate said...

I'm still laughing about my Mother's Day card too! Peyton can come up with some CRAZY stuff. I'm so glad he has you and Josh as teachers. He always tells us how much fun he had when we picked him up. I love all you Mother's Day post pictures! Brody is getting so big so fast! What a cutie! I have that same ring but with Peyton's name on it. I haven't gotten one with Parker's name on it yet. (Opps!) You'll love wearing your's! And that cookbook I may just have to go buy. It looks so good. Hope you're having a good week. Talk soon!

krislyn. said...

I so enjoy reading your blog -- your twitter's crack me up!

Sometimes I wish Paula Deen was my grandmother, although I am sure I would have to spend double the time in the gym everytime she would whip-up something! =)