Friday, May 15, 2009

Guest Bedroom Tour



I feel like I should give a disclaimer before this guest bedroom tour. This is by no means our ideal guest bedroom. When we got married, we decided to just bring my bed from my parent's house and then work on the room as we went. Well, we obviously have made no progress on this little beauty and the only people that stay in this room are my in-laws and hopefully they don't mind that it looks like this. So just keep that in mind before you think you are looking at some kind of holding cell!! Haha!
This is the view from the door walking into the room.

I love the bedding in this room! I really wish that I had some modern furniture in here because I think it would really look great with the comforter set.

I really like these crosses from Hobby Lobby.

Make shift bedside tables from Hobby Lobby. I love these! The brown and gold color matched this room so well so I decided I would make them work! These will stay somewhere in our house for a while because they are great to store things inside! (The front pic if when Brody was a week old and the back pic is from baby Dedication this past November.)
The cube on the other side of the bed.

We store some of our china/crystal in this closet in this room. We refer to the closet as the wedding closet!!

Thanks for stopping by! Check out Kelly's blog for more guest bedrooms!

9 comments:

Carri said...

I love the crosses and the chocolate and blue bedding! Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

I love your side tables, they are so cute!! It's an adorable guest room.

Laurie said...

I love the crosses above the bed, thanks for the tour!

Sally said...

I think it looks great! Beautiful bedding.... thanks for sharing!

Jordan said...

Love the bedding!

Megan said...

Don't you just love Hobby Lobby?? 90% of the decorations in our apt are from there. I LOVE those crosses and every-time I see them at HL I wonder where I could put them in the apt.

Superchikk said...

I absolutely love that bedding! When we redecorated our room a few years ago I was looking for something like that and couldn't find it anywhere...now it's everywhere! I guess I was just ahead of my time. :) And I love that the closet is so organized!

Laura said...

Very Cute!! :)

Lisa said...

I think this room is cute! I love the bedding and the bed itself is cute, all you would have to do is paint it. I saw on one of the HGTV shows a bed like this and all they did was spray painted it. It cost them under $5 and the bed looked GREAT! Sounds kind of ghetto (spray paint) but I promise it looked really good! Since you like modern you could do a silver maybe?? Or even a dark brown. Not that you asked, just offering my 2cents =)
Have a great weekend!