Friday, May 29, 2009

Friday Fun

I pureed some corn last week along with the usual foods while I was making Brody's baby food. I thought I would try it out on him today. I will let him tell you what he thought about it. Poor guy.
video
I did let him end his lunch with some vanilla yogurt for dessert. He was very happy when he finally got to that part of the meal!

I blew up Brody's safari roller today. He hasn't played with the roller at all, but he has slapped the mess out of the box and laughed and squealed while doing it. I even tried rolling it too him, thinking he might want to play if I played with him, and he scooted around it and headed straight for the box. I love cheap thrills!
On a not so fun note, Josh has been running a fever for a couple of days. He went to the doctor today and got some meds and a shot. His fever was still close to 102 tonight, so I knew it was time for B man to hit the road! The last thing I want is for him to get sick, so I packed a bag, pumped a bottle and sent him to my parents house. I figured he would get more than enough attention over there. I probably spent 10 minutes telling Jill exactly how to do things. I have no idea why. They have kept him a hundred times, but something about over night totally makes me go into freak mom mode. I'm sure by time we have our 3rd child, I will not even put the car in park and just pass them out the car window to anyone who will take them! :) It's just hard to be relaxed with your first, but I do pretty well most of the time. This is only his second night away from us. The first one was when he was 6 months old and he spent the night with them for fun. I'm sure he will never want to come back home! Haha! Brody kept reaching for Josh last night and today, but Josh didn't hold him because he didn't want to get him sick. Brody looked really confused when Josh would walk away and not take him like, "what's wrong with my daddy?" I know they will both be glad to love on each other again soon.

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

I can't believe Brody kept opening his mouth for more...he must have been hungry! :)

Hopefully Josh will feel better soon so your family of three can be together again. I'm sure Brody is being well cared for.

Leah said...

That video is hilarious, and what's more funny is that even though he cried an hated it, he kept on eating it! haha. Glad to see Josh is feeling better!!! Also- saw somewhere earlier you wrote about wanting to lose the last bit of weight- I am having this issue too but have read and heard that it usually doesnt go away until after you stop breastfeeding, as your body holds on to the fat stores for the milk, Stinks huh? I've lost most of mine but still have some left and am not a big fan of this new belly I have.. love handles are not fun hahaha

Kyndal said...

Oh my word, that video is hilarious! I can't stop watching it. I agree that it's so funny he's not spitting it out, considering how much pain he seems to be in! His videos are always so cute!