Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A few random things...


Mr. Man sporting his cute onesie this morning!


He loves his pacifier. Yesterday, my MIL, Brody and I went to meet Josh for lunch in Rogers (which is about 20 mins from our house) and I forgot a paci! That was the first time in 7 months I have left the house without at least one! So we had to swing by the new Super Target in Rogers and grab a pack. The place is really nice and they have plastic shopping carts that I loved because they pushed smoother and the don't make any noise! Sadly, I get excited over the small things in life. Like the picture below.......



This seriously made my week when I finally found one of these at Target. It's a Squirt spoon. I have been hunting everywhere for one. I'm not even joking. I went to 3 different Targets and had no luck. Finally, this weekend I was back at our Target and they had two left. They are seriously the best invention ever. You fill the orange bulb part with baby food and then squeeze the bulb and it dispenses a small amount of baby food onto the spoon. It makes feeding Brody so much easier and less messy. We do not even have to get out the little bowls and spoons. I highly recommend it. It only holds 3 oz of food so we have to refill it once per meal, but it's still so great.

One last thing, I have had a few comments asking me what kind of yogurt I feed Brody. I feed him the Great Value Brand and I buy it in the big tub. Our pediatrican told me we could give him any kind we wanted as long as it was not fat free, since that defeats the purpose of him having it. She told me I could get the baby yogurt, but it wasn't neccessary and that is not what she gives her daughter. There are 2.5 grams of fat per 1/2 cup of the GV brand. All other brands we have looked at have less fat per serving than the GV brand does, so that's why we buy that particular brand.

Basically, you can give them any kind you want, but we just tried to find the one with the most fat grams per serving other than the Go Baby. Brody eats it in addition to his rice and fruit in the mornings, since there is a good amount of fat and protein in yogurt, but he also has some for afternoon snack sometimes. I give him 1/2 cup of it in the mornings, but you know he eats like a horse! One of my friends from church told me she bought the big tub of plain yogurt for her son and then mixed in fruit baby food, so it flavored the yogurt, but was less sugar than the store bought fruit flavored kind. I thought thay was a great idea as well!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Brody is so cute!
I LOVE the target shopping carts too - they are heaven. That's funny that someone else thought of that.
And I've never heard of that spoon! NEAT!

Kristi said...

That onsie is so cute. He looks like he is one happy baby, at least from pics and I guess who would take many pictures of their baby when they were fussing! I have seen those spoons everywhere, but couldn't decide if they would really work. That is nice to know you have tried them out for me. Thanks for the yogurt info. I am going to get some next time I am out. Lord knows my 11 month old 15 pounds babies need some extra fat!!!

Jenna said...

that onesie is out of control cute - as is the little fella sporting it!

and ok, that spoon is genius!

hope ya'll are having a great night!

Heather said...

I have never heard of that spoon, but I think I must have one!! I love the little things, too. LOVE the tie onesie!!!

Jill said...

He looks very cute in that onesie! Love it!

Glad you finally got the squirt spoon! I looked and looked for it for 3 weeks with no luck!

Mister mister does eat like a horse! Just think when he is older how much food you will have to buy just for Josh and him! Wow!:)

Katie Spinks said...

that spoon looks so cool - you'll have to post once you've used it a couple times to say if it really works as cool as it looks. You're a great mom Jen!!