Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Weekend

We went to Benton this weekend for two wedding showers. One of my lifelong friends had a shower Saturday morning. I, of course, left my camera in the car. I was trying to carry Brody in one arm and a gift in the other arm, so I had to leave the camera behind.

Saturday evening, we had a couples shower/cookout to attend for two of our college friends, Jenny and Tim. It was so much fun to see everyone. Jenny is one of my pledge sisters, so there were a lot of girls from our PC there. It was a different group from last weekend's shower so I have gotten to see a lot of the girls over the past two weekends! I seriously have not seen some of them since my wedding. That wouldn't seem like a huge deal since it was only a year and a half ago, but the fact that they never saw me pregnant and are just now meeting Brody makes it
feel like it has been a lot longer since I have seen them!

Leslie, Brooke, Rachel, Me, Jenny, Whitney, Joy and Chase

The long awaited meeting! Haha! Brooke is one of my best friends from college. She is in my PC and my senior year we lived next to each other in an apartment. We were also workout buddies! Brooke has been dying to meet Brody and I have wanted him to meet her so badly as well. I was supposed to be in Brooke's wedding in October. She got married on October 4th, Brody was born on October 3rd! Once we figured out my due date was the day before her wedding, we decided it might not be the best idea for me to try and be in it! Brooke told Brody he was the reason his mommy and daddy missed her wedding and when she said that he got a really sad face and almost started to cry! Haha! See Brooke, he really does feel bad about it!


Chase and Joy

And again. You girls can thank me later!

He passed out on Joy at the end of the night! He did this last week too and he NEVER falls asleep while people hold him! I think he was exhausted after going to two showers in one day. I would guess about 25 people held him that day between the two showers. He slept really well on the ride back to Fayetteville Saturday night!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

SOOO glad to finally get to see you guys! Brody is such a joy. And Brody...I promise it won't be 6 months until you see me again and I forgive you for not letting Mom and Dad come to my wedding! Love you guys!

Michelle said...

our friendship is on the rocks!!!! the next time you drive through pulaski county and don't call me, i am going to be devastated. i am already sad!!!!=(

Shannon said...

Ok, how did you live in an apartment at OBU!?!?! That was NOT allowed while I was there. :)

Jenna said...

Looks like a great time was had by all! Such cute friends you have. And the CUTEST baby boy in AR!

Kelly said...

I love the maxi dresses you and your friends are all wearing. I was just telling my SIL this weekend that I have to get me a couple! I love that look!