Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy 6 Month, Brody!

Today is Brody's 6 month birthday! Wow! I cannot believe it! (I know I say that every month, but I think it every month! ) I would say without a doubt that these have been the best 6 months of our entire lives. I couldn't have imagined having this much fun with Brody!
We had his little cake party late tonight. By late, I mean 8:15, which is an hour past Brody's bedtime. He had gone to FNO (Friday Night Out) at church tonight, so Josh and I could go on a little dinner date. We went to pick him up around 8 and came home so we could have cake. That explains why Brody is in his pajamas in these pictures. As soon as the cake fun was over, Brody was crying for his bed.
This cake is now my favorite so far! Is it not adorable???
Josh was seriously having to hold him back to keep him from attacking the cake. This picture thing is becoming very difficult now that Brody knows what food is! He was just about to take a big bite out of it!!

Brody is really growing and learning so much. These are just a few milestones from this past month!
  • He loves food! He nurses 6-7 times a day, takes 8 oz in a bottle, and eats 1/3 cup of rice cereal with 4-6oz of baby food 3 times a day. Some days he eats more than that!
  • He loves sweet tea and will do almost anything to get to the cup when he sees someone drinking some.
  • He is beginning to learn how to drink out of a sippy cup. He will also drink out of a regular cup and often drinks out of our cups.
  • He can feed himself with a spoon. It often takes couple of tries for him to hit his mouth. Usually he hits his forehead first.
  • He sleeps 12 hours straight a night. He takes two naps a day. The morning one is an hour and the afternoon one is 2-2.5 hours.
  • He is jabbering like crazy and he is laughing a lot!!
  • He is sitting up for short amounts of time by himself. By short, I mean 5-7 seconds. Then he is flat on his stomach again!
  • He loves for me to sing to him. If he is crying and I start to sing, he immediately stops crying. (I do not sing well at all, but he doesn't know any different at this age!! Ha!)
  • The swing and bouncy seat are no longer part of the daily routine. That totally breaks my heart. He now spends his play time in the exersaucer or bumbo, as well as lots of time on the floor.
Happy 6 month birthday sweet boy! We love you!

12 comments:

MELISSA said...

OMGosh, I love that cake! Too cute!

And, aren't they so fun at his age?! I love that age. And you two are lucky enough to be blessed with a good sleeper. I hope I'm so lucky!

Emily said...

Aww.. he is so adorable and growing so fast. I envy the fact he is sleeping 12 hours straight at night. Wish he would show Lincoln how to do that. Sometimes I feel like I still have a newborn.

That is the cutest cake ever.

Happy 6 Months Brody!!!!

Eric and Leslie Warford said...

GIRL!!! How are you staying so thin with all these wonderful cakes each month?!

Loved the video--he will be a PRO by his first birthday! What a cutie!

Mandi said...

That video is too cute!!! Brody will know exactly what to do by the time his first birthday rolls around. (:

Heather said...

Jennifer- Do you make these cakes and decorate them yourself? They are FAB!!! It seems like it was just 5-months for Brody....everything just goes SOOOO fast!
Have a blessed weekend!

Lisa said...

Awwwhhh we had the same idea on this post.
First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE his 6month cake. It is now my fav as well. I also have to say that I am soooooo happy to have a bloggy "friend" who does some things not by the book like I do. It makes me feel better as a mom, HA! Like letting him taste the cake. Obviously most people would say No!!!! But really, is it going to kill him? NO! I mean he hardly got it in his mouth. I love it! He looked so happy.
Yes Keegan loved the sweet potatoes. I tried them too and they actually were not that bad.
Happy 6 month Brody!

Jenna said...

Oh I love it!! The cake, the video, and that sweet 6 month old guy. Ya'll are all just so cute!

Kelly said...

He gets cuter every month!!!!
I love the cake - cutest one yet!!!
How do you and Jill stay so skinny eating those cakes????????

Julee said...

I am so sad I missed his 6month birthday! I am not sure how I am going to miss his 1 year one after seeing these 6month pics and not being there!! :( :(
Glad I got to see him through the phone today and hopefully a week from today I will be seeing all of you in person!!! Miss you bunches!

Megan said...

Did you make that cake? Because if so you should seriously start a cake decorating business!

Harris Family said...

Brody is a dream! Sleeping 12 hours at night?!?! I can't wait to get 5 hours of sleep! How do ya'll stay so thin?!?! If I ate Rick's cakes and drank sweet tea (which is my FAVORITE!!!) all the time like you do, you would have to roll me out the door! You and Brody are so cute! He gets cuter each month and so do those cakes! I can't wait to see his real birthday cake!!!

Katie said...

That video is total preciousness!! He looks so tiny compared to it! And how cute is he with that icing? He sounds like such a good little baby! Now you have to video him feeding himself with a spoon (even if he does hit his forehead!)! Too cute!